images/forum_images/world.gif

Pope Francis Takes Aim At Ideologically Obsessed Christians, Says They Have Illness (VIDEO)

*international affairs (incl. US. national security)

Pope Francis Takes Aim At Ideologically Obsessed Christians, Says They Have Illness (VIDEO)

Postby waitingforrain » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:19 pm

Pope Francis has been very clear about how he feels about ideological purity in religion. He’s been particularly critical of right-wing Christian fundamentalism. Pope Francis has shifted the focus of the Catholic Church to issues facing the poor and the sick. He has railed against economic inequality and has criticized the anti-gay and anti-abortion strains that have come to dominate the Christian Right here in America. Such ideological extremism is dangerous, not only to Christianity, but to the world. And Pope Francis said as much last Thursday.
Pope Francis called right-wing Christian fundamentalism a sickness.

During a daily Mass last week, Pope Francis called ideological Christianity “an illness” that doesn’t serve Jesus Christ. Instead, it “frightens” people and pushes them away from religion.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/10/21 ... hristians/
Democrats: Cleaning Up Republican Messes Since 1933
waitingforrain
 
Posts: 4017
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:00 pm

Re: Pope Francis Takes Aim At Ideologically Obsessed Christians, Says They Have Illness (VIDEO)

Postby Holy Geehad » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:26 pm

This is definitely a finger in the religious Reich's eye..
sounds like he's trying to poke a snake with a stick :lol:
Holy Geehad
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:27 pm

Re: Pope Francis Takes Aim At Ideologically Obsessed Christians, Says They Have Illness (VIDEO)

Postby wolf braun » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:55 pm

I think I'm developing a man-crush on this guy...

Or maybe a regular crush...
wolf braun
 
Posts: 3839
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:52 pm
Location: Under Stephen Harper's iron boot, Canada

Re: Pope Francis Takes Aim At Ideologically Obsessed Christians, Says They Have Illness (VIDEO)

Postby Dear Leader » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:20 pm

waitingforrain wrote:Pope Francis has been very clear about how he feels about ideological purity in religion. He’s been particularly critical of right-wing Christian fundamentalism. Pope Francis has shifted the focus of the Catholic Church to issues facing the poor and the sick. He has railed against economic inequality and has criticized the anti-gay and anti-abortion strains that have come to dominate the Christian Right here in America. Such ideological extremism is dangerous, not only to Christianity, but to the world. And Pope Francis said as much last Thursday.
Pope Francis called right-wing Christian fundamentalism a sickness.

During a daily Mass last week, Pope Francis called ideological Christianity “an illness” that doesn’t serve Jesus Christ. Instead, it “frightens” people and pushes them away from religion.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/10/21 ... hristians/

When the Pope pledges the fortunes of the Catholic church to help end economic inequality, that I will take him seriously. He sounds like the limousine libs here at home. Lets spend YOUR money but let mine alone.
Thou Shalt Not Covet
User avatar
Dear Leader
 
Posts: 3085
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:31 am
Location: SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

Re: Pope Francis Takes Aim At Ideologically Obsessed Christians, Says They Have Illness (VIDEO)

Postby waitingforrain » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:49 pm

[peace]
Democrats: Cleaning Up Republican Messes Since 1933
waitingforrain
 
Posts: 4017
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:00 pm

Re: Pope Francis Takes Aim At Ideologically Obsessed Christians, Says They Have Illness (VIDEO)

Postby Dear Leader » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:33 pm

waitingforrain wrote:[peace]

See, we agree on more than you would think.
Thou Shalt Not Covet
User avatar
Dear Leader
 
Posts: 3085
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:31 am
Location: SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

Re: Pope Francis Takes Aim At Ideologically Obsessed Christians, Says They Have Illness (VIDEO)

Postby robert stout » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:01 pm

Ideologically obsessed priests have an illness called pedophilia...Those living in glass houses should not throw stones.... :roll:
Jesus can raise the dead, but he can't fix stupid
robert stout
 
Posts: 40899
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:41 am
Location: Phoenix, USA

Re: Pope Francis Takes Aim At Ideologically Obsessed Christians, Says They Have Illness (VIDEO)

Postby robert stout » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:03 pm

wolf braun wrote:I think I'm developing a man-crush on this guy...

Or maybe a regular crush...


When he starts performing miracles I may be impressed.... :mrgreen:
Jesus can raise the dead, but he can't fix stupid
robert stout
 
Posts: 40899
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:41 am
Location: Phoenix, USA

Re: Pope Francis Takes Aim At Ideologically Obsessed Christians, Says They Have Illness (VIDEO)

Postby Dear Leader » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:08 pm

robert stout wrote:
wolf braun wrote:I think I'm developing a man-crush on this guy...

Or maybe a regular crush...


When he starts performing miracles I may be impressed.... :mrgreen:

When he allows priests to marry, like all other religions, he will make great strides against pedophilia. At that point, he will go down a the greatest Pope.
Thou Shalt Not Covet
User avatar
Dear Leader
 
Posts: 3085
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:31 am
Location: SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

Re: Pope Francis Takes Aim At Ideologically Obsessed Christians, Says They Have Illness (VIDEO)

Postby Dr B » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:46 pm

Um, all he said was to avoid "ideologies." By that I suppose he meant the "Christian identity" movement? That is a very exclusive sect that believes in racial supremacy and violent resistance.

UUU with this phony topic.
leftism is a disease
User avatar
Dr B
 
Posts: 32377
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:55 pm
Location: choose the right


Return to UnitedStates.com FOREIGN* & DEFENSE

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: wolf braun and 6 guests