The NBA, and not the NFL, is the league of America's future

Joined: March 20th, 2016, 8:08 pm

June 7th, 2018, 9:54 am #1

Although football remains our most popular professional sport, that popularity has been declining over the past five years, from 67% saying they were fans in 2012, to 57% in 2017. Professional baseball has also fallen 2% during that time. However, professional basketball has risen 3%.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/ ... dul-jabbar
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: March 20th, 2016, 8:08 pm

June 7th, 2018, 9:56 am #2

This is an opinion piece of course. But with all the problems facing the NFL moving forward, if any sports league will over take it, what will it be?
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: July 7th, 2016, 1:06 am

June 7th, 2018, 4:32 pm #3

The NBA is OK during the playoffs but it's boring as hell during the regular season. Personally I used to be a big fan but I completely quit watching, even during the playoffs. I'm now a hockey fan, it has the best action, the best quality of players and the most exciting playoffs. NFL games have become one long commercial with an occasional football break. Throw in the kneeling crap and they are losing me as well. You have to be a purist to love baseball, it's slower and more boring than sloth sex. TO each his own...
"No. No he won't. We'll stop it."
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: March 20th, 2016, 8:08 pm

June 7th, 2018, 9:16 pm #4

PATruth wrote:The NBA is OK during the playoffs but it's boring as hell during the regular season. Personally I used to be a big fan but I completely quit watching, even during the playoffs. I'm now a hockey fan, it has the best action, the best quality of players and the most exciting playoffs. NFL games have become one long commercial with an occasional football break. Throw in the kneeling crap and they are losing me as well. You have to be a purist to love baseball, it's slower and more boring than sloth sex. TO each his own...
Not sure where your coming from when you say Hockey has the best quality of players. You mean the NHL over the other hockey leagues?
One big reason why Hockey will never emerge to the top is due to limited accessibility for Americas youth to play. Not enough facilities for youth programs and HS programs, and fairly expensive to play. But yes it is a great game.
I am a so called "You Can Play Ambassador" and have quite a few friends in the business. A lot of class comes out of the NHL.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: July 7th, 2016, 1:06 am

June 8th, 2018, 2:01 am #5

jazzyjeff wrote:
PATruth wrote:The NBA is OK during the playoffs but it's boring as hell during the regular season. Personally I used to be a big fan but I completely quit watching, even during the playoffs. I'm now a hockey fan, it has the best action, the best quality of players and the most exciting playoffs. NFL games have become one long commercial with an occasional football break. Throw in the kneeling crap and they are losing me as well. You have to be a purist to love baseball, it's slower and more boring than sloth sex. TO each his own...
Not sure where your coming from when you say Hockey has the best quality of players. You mean the NHL over the other hockey leagues?
One big reason why Hockey will never emerge to the top is due to limited accessibility for Americas youth to play. Not enough facilities for youth programs and HS programs, and fairly expensive to play. But yes it is a great game.
I am a so called "You Can Play Ambassador" and have quite a few friends in the business. A lot of class comes out of the NHL.
The NHL attracts the best players in the world, it's an international league. In addition you rarely hear NHL players getting in trouble, beating their wives., drugs...they are usually great role models and citizens. You are correct, hockey is so expensive, the ice time, the equipment and the travel puts it our of reach for most families. Watching the Knights/Caps game, pulling for Vegas.
"No. No he won't. We'll stop it."
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: March 18th, 2016, 9:08 pm

June 8th, 2018, 5:02 am #6

nothing beats Football.. I hate the squeaky shoes in Basketball.. drives me nuts.. and it is so boring.. naa Football will stay the leader.. even with their challenges..

but if the players of any sport keeps forcing politics into the games they all will lose fans.. NBA, NFL, all of them..




Killary, DNC, Obummer's DOJ and FBI all Lied and Spied and Good People Died!
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: March 19th, 2016, 1:42 am

June 13th, 2018, 12:36 pm #7

Professional sports need to be stopped.
"if that **** wins we'll all hang from nooses"
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: October 24th, 2017, 9:43 am

June 13th, 2018, 9:03 pm #8

Good luck with that.
Will Munny in 'Unforgiven': "Deserve's got nothin' to do with it..."
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: March 18th, 2016, 11:22 pm

June 13th, 2018, 9:30 pm #9

MLB
Heavan has strict immigration policies. Hell has open borders.
#MAGA
#wallsnotwars
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: July 7th, 2016, 1:06 am

June 15th, 2018, 5:56 pm #10

Robertr2000 wrote:Professional sports need to be stopped.
I don't agree with that, let the free market rule. We do however need to stop subsidizing billionaire owners and millionaire players.

Who wants to give taxpayer dollars to "the wealthiest?"
"No. No he won't. We'll stop it."
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: March 19th, 2016, 1:42 am

June 16th, 2018, 12:41 am #11

PATruth wrote:
Robertr2000 wrote:Professional sports need to be stopped.
I don't agree with that, let the free market rule. We do however need to stop subsidizing billionaire owners and millionaire players.

Who wants to give taxpayer dollars to "the wealthiest?"
Oh I agree.

"if that **** wins we'll all hang from nooses"
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: June 20th, 2016, 8:10 pm

June 16th, 2018, 4:36 pm #12

Katoblue wrote:nothing beats Football.. I hate the squeaky shoes in Basketball.. drives me nuts.. and it is so boring.. naa Football will stay the leader.. even with their challenges..

but if the players of any sport keeps forcing politics into the games they all will lose fans.. NBA, NFL, all of them..



Well, our government pays the leagues ( including NASCAR) to endorse the US military, but aside from that, I believe you're right that in this country at least football will always bring the best ratings of the big three. And even though the NBA and MLB have much longer seasons and generate more overall revenue, the NFL will still be the most popular sport here.

The NBA has some peak moments though when superstars like Michael Jordan and LeBron James come along. Jordan was the trillion dollar man for the NBA...until he came along the Bulls arena was always half empty--after MJ, it was sold out every night, and around the other cities wherever Chicago played.
Partying in Beantown
Red Sox 2018
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: March 18th, 2016, 9:08 pm

June 16th, 2018, 9:24 pm #13

_g R_ wrote:
Katoblue wrote:nothing beats Football.. I hate the squeaky shoes in Basketball.. drives me nuts.. and it is so boring.. naa Football will stay the leader.. even with their challenges..

but if the players of any sport keeps forcing politics into the games they all will lose fans.. NBA, NFL, all of them..



Well, our government pays the leagues ( including NASCAR) to endorse the US military, but aside from that, I believe you're right that in this country at least football will always bring the best ratings of the big three. And even though the NBA and MLB have much longer seasons and generate more overall revenue, the NFL will still be the most popular sport here.

The NBA has some peak moments though when superstars like Michael Jordan and LeBron James come along. Jordan was the trillion dollar man for the NBA...until he came along the Bulls arena was always half empty--after MJ, it was sold out every night, and around the other cities wherever Chicago played.
oh totally gR.. for NBA's sake I hope they keep spitting out great players like those two.. I like MLB and NBA I just like NFL the best and never watch the other two..

and I am now starting to get NFL fever and anxious for not just the NFL but Justify also ruining 2 more races.. this is nerve racking.. I can't wait for the games to begin.. and the races to run.. thank God for Banana OG..


:lol:




Killary, DNC, Obummer's DOJ and FBI all Lied and Spied and Good People Died!
Quote
Like
Share