This Is Why People Are Through With You

May 5th, 2018, 2:26 pm #1

There can be no doubt that the Christian faith as established by Christ, and His Apostles, is dead. Question will be can it be revived.

White Evangelicals, This is Why People Are Through With You
January 24, 2018 / John Pavlovitz

Dear White Evangelicals,

I need to tell you something: People have had it with you.

They’re done.

They want nothing to do with you any longer, and here’s why:

They see your hypocrisy, your inconsistency, your incredibly selective mercy, and your thinly veiled supremacy.

=========================================

Topic Closed. Hostility by topic author on no hostility board.

Topic content trimmed - author posted 100% of article content. Max is 25%

D
Last edited by Demagogue on June 16th, 2018, 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 5th, 2018, 8:58 pm #2

Religion is trending into irrelevance.

Settle down.
I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me

May 5th, 2018, 10:30 pm #3

estonianman wrote:Religion is trending into irrelevance.

Settle down.
I think that is what I said, however, TY for verifying that the alternative cannot reason with reality.

May 5th, 2018, 10:40 pm #4

Old Trapper wrote:There can be no doubt that the Christian faith as established by Christ, and His Apostles, is dead. Question will be can it be revived.

White Evangelicals, This is Why People Are Through With You
January 24, 2018 / John Pavlovitz

Dear White Evangelicals,

I need to tell you something: People have had it with you.

They’re done.

They want nothing to do with you any longer, and here’s why:

They see your hypocrisy, your inconsistency, your incredibly selective mercy, and your thinly veiled supremacy.

http://perspectives.com/forum/3275007/
Last edited by Demagogue on June 16th, 2018, 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Democrats are losing their slaves. For the second time...#WalkAway

May 6th, 2018, 4:07 pm #5

He's talking bout their political influence and the lack of display for their dogma in the pursuit of power and political influence in my opinion, but what do I know...I'm a pagan.

May 6th, 2018, 6:04 pm #6

Tsalagi wrote:He's talking bout their political influence and the lack of display for their dogma in the pursuit of power and political influence in my opinion, but what do I know...I'm a pagan.
I like Nightwish.

Not "atheist or pagan " though....just spiritual.
Last edited by Demagogue on May 7th, 2018, 12:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Partying in Beantown
Red Sox 2018

May 7th, 2018, 1:44 pm #7

Religious leaders and liberal politicians are basically the same, both are scammers. Religious leaders are peddling forgiveness and eternal bliss while liberals are peddling free healthcare, free food, free housing and a life of leisure. We know for a fact the liberal's promises are nothing more than self serving lies intended to steal people's money and I'm fairly certain there is no Heaven. Both create a near cult like environment, both want your money and neither come with a guarantee. The ultimate scammer is a religious political activist like Al Sharpton.
"No. No he won't. We'll stop it."

May 7th, 2018, 1:49 pm #8

PATruth wrote:Religious leaders and liberal politicians are basically the same, both are scammers. Religious leaders are peddling forgiveness and eternal bliss while liberals are peddling free healthcare, free food, free housing and a life of leisure. We know for a fact the liberal's promises are nothing more than self serving lies intended to steal people's money and I'm fairly certain there is no Heaven. Both create a near cult like environment, both want your money and neither come with a guarantee. The ultimate scammer is a religious political activist like Al Sharpton.
Actually I would have called the Reverend Falwell beat out Sharpton by a huge margin in terms of financial and political affect.

May 7th, 2018, 8:42 pm #9

PATruth wrote:Religious leaders and liberal politicians are basically the same, both are scammers. Religious leaders are peddling forgiveness and eternal bliss while liberals are peddling free healthcare, free food, free housing and a life of leisure. We know for a fact the liberal's promises are nothing more than self serving lies intended to steal people's money and I'm fairly certain there is no Heaven. Both create a near cult like environment, both want your money and neither come with a guarantee. The ultimate scammer is a religious political activist like Al Sharpton.
Atheists, secularists, Republicans, are all the same. They preach no moral values, no truth, inflation for the poor and a life of leisure for the wealthy, and the list goes on. As to the rest of your bull s**t, the same can be said about the repugnant ones you support.

May 7th, 2018, 9:16 pm #10

The racism of white Evangelicals goes way, way back. Judaism is a racist religion on a par with the Nazi Third Reich. The Jews believe they are the chose people of God. God ordered them to invade Palestine and commit genocide on the Palestinians living there. The 1967 War is but an echo of the Book of Joshua. Read the Bible and see for yourself.

Christianity never had any moral issue with race-based slavery until the 20th century. Christians practiced Jim Crow apartheid without a qualm. What is more Christianity is hostile to democracy. The Biblical model is kingship. Jesus is the Lord, not the president. Pastors rule their congregations like shepherds herding sheep. The pope is a divine right king like Louis XIV.

White Evangelicals shuffle along this ancient path of racism, genocide and flocks of sheep. They are just a little behind the times, that's all.
I told you so

May 8th, 2018, 1:47 pm #11

George Aligator wrote:The racism of white Evangelicals goes way, way back. Judaism is a racist religion on a par with the Nazi Third Reich. The Jews believe they are the chose people of God. God ordered them to invade Palestine and commit genocide on the Palestinians living there. The 1967 War is but an echo of the Book of Joshua. Read the Bible and see for yourself.

Christianity never had any moral issue with race-based slavery until the 20th century. Christians practiced Jim Crow apartheid without a qualm. What is more Christianity is hostile to democracy. The Biblical model is kingship. Jesus is the Lord, not the president. Pastors rule their congregations like shepherds herding sheep. The pope is a divine right king like Louis XIV.

White Evangelicals shuffle along this ancient path of racism, genocide and flocks of sheep. They are just a little behind the times, that's all.
The same psychological predispositions that attract people to the religious right, also attract people to someone like Trump.

Jonathan Haidt's book "The Righteous Mind: Why Good People Are Divided by Politics and Religion" was written before Trump ran for office, but explains this perfectly, I believe.

Liberal tend to fail to realize that for certain groups of people, attitudes toward loyalty, authority, and sanctity are a bigger factor than shared values or agreement on issues.
Without geometry, life is pointless.

May 8th, 2018, 3:13 pm #12

thoughtless wrote:
George Aligator wrote:The racism of white Evangelicals goes way, way back. Judaism is a racist religion on a par with the Nazi Third Reich. The Jews believe they are the chose people of God. God ordered them to invade Palestine and commit genocide on the Palestinians living there. The 1967 War is but an echo of the Book of Joshua. Read the Bible and see for yourself.

The same psychological predispositions that attract people to the religious right, also attract people to someone like Trump.

Jonathan Haidt's book "The Righteous Mind: Why Good People Are Divided by Politics and Religion" was written before Trump ran for office, but explains this perfectly, I believe.

Liberal tend to fail to realize that for certain groups of people, attitudes toward loyalty, authority, and sanctity are a bigger factor than shared values or agreement on issues.
We realize it, we just fail to really understand it. And lack the tools to communicate with such people in a way that is convincing to them.

May 15th, 2018, 9:56 pm #13

thoughtless wrote:

Oh, the hoity toity book reader, that quotes chapter and verse from someone elses thoughts!!! How amuzing!!!
Endeavor to Persevere!!!

May 15th, 2018, 10:02 pm #14

Evangelical Christianity in America is a massive grift.
You may be a conservative republican..if you are pro life until you get your mistress knocked up

May 16th, 2018, 12:05 am #15

grannyhawkins wrote:
thoughtless wrote:

Oh, the hoity toity book reader, that quotes chapter and verse from someone elses thoughts!!! How amuzing!!!
Yeah because who needs all that reading and education paying off by being able to analyze the writer's thoughts?

May 17th, 2018, 2:34 am #16

Tsalagi wrote:
grannyhawkins wrote:
thoughtless wrote:

Yeah because who needs all that reading and education paying off by being able to analyze the writer's thoughts?
I don't think it was clear whose an what thoughts were supposedly bein analyzed!!!

Just because you've been published, don't make it so!!!

Endeavor to Persevere!!!

June 15th, 2018, 10:05 pm #17

grannyhawkins wrote:
Tsalagi wrote:
grannyhawkins wrote:
thoughtless wrote:

I don't think it was clear whose an what thoughts were supposedly bein analyzed!!!

Well, it was obvious from the support the lying, adulterous, thieving, coward, received from the Evangelical community there was one book they forgot to read. Then too, I have yet to go to a so-called "christian" forum where they have any understanding of scripture.

June 15th, 2018, 10:43 pm #18

Old Trapper wrote:
grannyhawkins wrote:
Tsalagi wrote:
grannyhawkins wrote:
thoughtless wrote: Quoting limited to 5 levels deep

Well, it was obvious from the support the lying, adulterous, thieving, coward, received from the Evangelical community there was one book they forgot to read. Then too, I have yet to go to a so-called "christian" forum where they have any understanding of scripture.
Civil Debate & Discussion ( No Hostility )
Democrats are losing their slaves. For the second time...#WalkAway

June 16th, 2018, 4:46 am #19

clone wrote:
Old Trapper wrote:
grannyhawkins wrote:
Tsalagi wrote:
grannyhawkins wrote: Quoting limited to 5 levels deep

Civil Debate & Discussion ( No Hostility )
Truth is never hostile save to those who cannot accept it.