Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Perspectives. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
50 Foods You Should Never Eat
Topic Started: Aug 27 2016, 07:40 AM (1,867 Views)
Member013

What's the one food you refuse to eat? Whatever it is, it's probably because you don't like the way it tastes, not always because it contains ingredients suspected of causing cancer or because it was picked by farmers wearing Hazmat suits. Yet, there are still a lot of foods that fit that description on store shelves, and food industry insiders, who know what goes on behind the scenes, refuse to eat them.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/nutrition/50-foods-you-should-never-eat/ss-BBodjvN?li=BBnb7Kz#image=1

1. Whole Wheat Bread

William Davis, MD, creator of Wheat Belly 10-Day Detox

The Problem: Modern wheat is nothing like the grain your mother or grandmother consumed. Today, wheat barely resembles its original form, thanks to extensive genetic manipulations during the 1960s and 1970s to increase the grain's yields. "You cannot change the basic characteristics of a plant without changing its genetics, biochemistry, and its effects on humans who consume it," Dr. Davis notes.

Dr. Davis makes the case that modern-day wheat is triggering all sorts of health problems, everything from digestive diseases like celiac and inflammatory bowel disease to acid reflux, obesity, asthma, and skin disorders. "If there is a food that yields extravagant, extraordinary, and unexpected benefits when avoided, it is bread," says Dr. Davis. "And I don’t mean white bread, I mean all bread: white, whole wheat, whole grain, sprouted, organic, French, Italian, fresh, day-old…all of it."

The Solution: Try eliminating wheat altogether from your diet for a few weeks to see if you note health improvements. But be prepared for the wheat withdrawal syndrome of nausea, headache, fatigue and depression, and a host of other strange side effects of going grain-free during your first wheat-free week, since there are opiates that develop from the gliadin protein of wheat. Once you are through this process, you'll feel better, maybe better than you have in years.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drudge X
Member Avatar

Sorry, but this doc is an idiot.
Democrats 2020 platform: free s**t, open border, standing up for China, embrace MS 13

Robertr2000
Member Avatar

Oh ya Baby! :rockon:

Posted Image
"if that **** wins we'll all hang from nooses"

Colors
Member Avatar

Someone, it may be Marion Nestle, said that you should avoid purchasing and consuming all foods which are advertised.

I came across this interview with Nestle, from last year, and a part of that interview addressed her book Soda Wars. I am not familiar with the book. But, I take it is partly about consumption of beverages like those brands from Coca-Cola and Pepsi-Cola.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/10/05/how-coca-cola-gets-its-way/

Quote:

So, these messages about drinking less soda are only catching on with half of the population?

Well, here’s what the breakdown looks like. This is what we know:

Educated, wealthier people are the ones who avoid it. These are the healthiest people in society, and the healthiest people in society don’t drink soda. They either don’t touch it, or drink it in extremely small amounts.

There’s a table from an industry publication that lays out who drinks soda. Males drink more than females. Younger people drink more than older people. Single people drink more than those who are married. High school graduates drink more than college graduates. Blue collar workers drink more than white collar workers. Hispanics and African Americans drink more than whites and Asians. And people from the South drink more than do people in the Northeast.

Then you have the amounts. As I said before, half of the population doesn’t drink any soda. A quarter of the population drinks more than one twelve ounce can each day. Twenty percent of the population has between more than one and four cans. And five percent has more than four cans each day.

The thing is, I’m pretty sure those numbers are underestimates, because there are people who drink the stuff all day long. I mean, I think that’s amazing.

Edited by Colors, Sep 30 2016, 12:11 AM.

jaydedjen110
Member Avatar

Added caption should be: "If you never want to be happy again."

clone
Member Avatar
Director @ Center for Advanced Memetic Warfare
Colors
Sep 30 2016, 12:10 AM
Someone, it may be Marion Nestle, said that you should avoid purchasing and consuming all foods which are advertised.

<snip>
Hmmnn....

Posted Image
Leftism has a historical track record unblemished by success....

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · HOME - food, house/garden, town, pets · Next Topic »
Add Reply