Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Perspectives. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ford Mustang found in Mexican junkyard is from 'Bullitt,' expert confirms; Muscle cars to make a comeback
Topic Started: Mar 7 2017, 01:01 PM (772 Views)
W A Mozart
Member Avatar

Quote:

Frank Bullitt couldn’t have done a better job cracking this case.

Nearly 50 years after it was last seen, a 1968 Ford Mustang found in a Mexican junkyard has been confirmed to be one of two known to have been used in the filming of the Steve McQueen movie “Bullitt.”

“I’m 100 percent sure it’s authentic,” classic Ford expert Kevin Marti told Fox News after travelling across the border to Mexicali to inspect the car last week.

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/03/06/ford-mustang-found-in-mexican-junkyard-is-from-bullitt-expert-confirms.html

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

W A Mozart
Member Avatar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31JgMAHVeg0

Mozart

clone
Member Avatar
Director @ Center for Advanced Memetic Warfare
That's awesome....I love stories like that....one of my buddies in high school owned one of the Mustangs on display at Ford pavilion at the 1964 World's Fair in NYC....

He drove the snot out of the car. Another high school buddy had a kick azz 65 fastback with the best graphics I have ever seen on a Mustang...subtle swooping stripes following the side of the body....candy apple maroon with big ass tires in the back and Crager wheels....

My neighbor in Atlanta had a fleet of old cars that he rented out to film crews....but he was a Mustang freak....his pride and joy was a Shelby GT 350 Hertz edition and his daughter Shelby had a turquoise 67 C/S (California Special)

My favorite Mustang is the one from the Thomas Crown Affair remake....

Which Gas Monkey recreated.....

Political Correctness is the war on noticing things that are obvious and true.

W A Mozart
Member Avatar

clone
Mar 10 2017, 08:09 PM
That's awesome....I love stories like that....one of my buddies in high school owned one of the Mustangs on display at Ford pavilion at the 1964 World's Fair in NYC....

He drove the snot out of the car. Another high school buddy had a kick azz 65 fastback with the best graphics I have ever seen on a Mustang...subtle swooping stripes following the side of the body....candy apple maroon with big ass tires in the back and Crager wheels....

My neighbor in Atlanta had a fleet of old cars that he rented out to film crews....but he was a Mustang freak....his pride and joy was a Shelby GT 350 Hertz edition and his daughter Shelby had a turquoise 67 C/S (California Special)

My favorite Mustang is the one from the Thomas Crown Affair remake....

Which Gas Monkey recreated.....

Oh my...!

That was a great story. Thanks for sharing.

I too LOVE Mustangs. I was going to buy one a few years back, the "Mustang 50th Year Edition" but never got around to it. The new editions coming out for 2018 will be the best, most technological sophisticated, ....ever! I think there is a Shelby version coming out as well.

By the way, that clip from the remake of "The Thomas Crown Affair" is one of my favorite films of all time. I LOVE that film. Reno Russo was spectacular, a role just made for her. It was a well done film in every way. I am also a French Impressionist afficionado and was overwhelmed how they used Monet and his haystacks in the film. Great film!

Mozart

Robert Stout
Member Avatar

If I bought one of those self driving cars, I would phone the CIA and tell them to drive it for me...I will sit in the back seat............ :biggrin:
Edited by Robert Stout, Mar 11 2017, 12:23 AM.
Jesus can raise the dead, but he can't fix stupid
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

W A Mozart
Member Avatar

The 2018 Ford Mustang...!

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2018-ford-mustang-photos-and-info-news

Posted Image

Mozart

Robert Stout
Member Avatar

W A Mozart
Mar 11 2017, 11:34 AM

The Mustang is one of the few imported cars that Germans buy....This may say something about the Porsche and BMW...The fact that Mexicans steal cars is nothing new............ :dunno:
Jesus can raise the dead, but he can't fix stupid
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

W A Mozart
Member Avatar

The ending to the "Thomas Crown Affair...!"

(Er, no Mustangs.... :dunno: )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNwMFm5BEAU

:) :popcorn:

Mozart

W A Mozart
Member Avatar

Posted Image

"The First Mustang Coupe Is Headed to Auction"

Quote:

While the very first Ford Mustang convertible is rightfully parked in the Henry Ford museum in Dearborn, Michigan, the first hardtop, Mustang number 00002, is in private hands with 94,000 miles on the clock. It's the first Mustang to have a VIN and it was cobbled together with a 170 cubic-inch Falcon engine, a three-speed manual Fairlane transmission, and a Ranchero 3.50:1 rear endIt was first sold up in the Yukon and it's owned by a guy named Bob Fria. Bob is about to add about a half million dollars to his net worth by selling this Mustang at Mecum in Indianapolis. He acquired the car in 1997 and gave it a thorough restoration that took about two years. It's easy to see it was carefully restored. It has a dark Caspian Blue paint job, a blue interior, and it looks like it could have been built yesterday. Even if it wasn't the second Mustang ever built, this would be one valuable pony..

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthusiasts/the-first-mustang-coupe-is-headed-to-auction/ar-BBACOUB?li=BBnb7Kz

Mozart
Edited by W A Mozart, May 7 2017, 12:01 PM.

W A Mozart
Member Avatar

A just-released I-phone camera catching FBI Director James Comey leaving his office at FBI headquarters in Washing DC in a brand new Mustang convertible...! (The Trump people having paid him off to discontinue their Russian tampering investigations... :lol: )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGE1QADkpVE
:)

Mozart

W A Mozart
Member Avatar

ooops
Edited by W A Mozart, Jan 15 2018, 12:20 AM.

peewee

W A Mozart
Jan 15 2018, 12:19 AM
ooops
I have always liked the Mustang, except for that one model that looked stupid. I had not owned one until last summer. I bought a GT, waited for it to be delivered. The buyer who represented me went to pick it up for me. I waited, and waited, a couple of days passed. Came a phone call. He had bad news for me. When he went to pick it up a bonehead went to get it from the lot. He was driving a forklift. Somehow one of the blades rammed through the driver door. I got my money back and headed for a Chevy dealer and bought a Camaro instead. I did not read the article. Is it known where the other Bullitt is?

70-101
Member Avatar

I'm a little surprised they junked the car because the Mustangs used in the movie were on loan from Ford and part of a promotional agreement between Ford and Warner Brothers. Both of the Chargers were junked after the movie was completed - that's a given.

But what I don't understand is, Steve made it be known he wanted the less banged up Mustang and was willing to pay retail for it. But Jack Warner allowed it to be sold to a production assistant who shipped it to New Jersey - where I believe its been since the movie was completed.

W A Mozart
Member Avatar

70-101
Jan 15 2018, 02:07 AM
I'm a little surprised they junked the car because the Mustangs used in the movie were on loan from Ford and part of a promotional agreement between Ford and Warner Brothers. Both of the Chargers were junked after the movie was completed - that's a given.

But what I don't understand is, Steve made it be known he wanted the less banged up Mustang and was willing to pay retail for it. But Jack Warner allowed it to be sold to a production assistant who shipped it to New Jersey - where I believe its been since the movie was completed.

Yes, I believe all of that is true. I was going to put something on the new, 2018, limited edition, green, Bullet inspired Mustang being presented at yesterday's Detroit Auto Show but was unable to transfer the footage. McQueen's granddaughter was there.

Mozart

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · UnitedStates.com DOMESTIC U.S. news · Next Topic »
Add Reply