Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Perspectives. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Interesting
Topic Started: Jan 6 2018, 01:49 AM (402 Views)
Mr. Tik
Member Avatar

[twitter=FoxNewsResearch/status/949277919779663873?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.rawstory.com%2F2018%2F01%2Finternet-mocks-fox-news-after-its-forced-to-admit-job-growth-was-stronger-under-obama-than-trump%2F]
You may be a conservative republican..if you are pro life until you get your mistress knocked up
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Coast2coast

Yep!

ringotuna
Member Avatar

Adolph Hipster
Jan 6 2018, 01:49 AM
[twitter=FoxNewsResearch/status/949277919779663873?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.rawstory.com%2F2018%2F01%2Finternet-mocks-fox-news-after-its-forced-to-admit-job-growth-was-stronger-under-obama-than-trump%2F]
You don't see it...do ya? :oyvey
Ringoism: Never underestimate the advantages of being underestimated.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

estonianman
Member Avatar

Pretty much irrelevant unless you know what kind of jobs are created.
Edited by estonianman, Jan 6 2018, 05:34 PM.
Communism sounds good on paper unless you are reading a history book

ringotuna
Member Avatar

Tik? ... ya there lil buddy? :biggrin:
Edited by ringotuna, Jan 7 2018, 04:54 AM.

PATruth
Member Avatar

So Obama left office with a stagnant economy, another failing liberal program and a declining job market? Obama's economic policy was twofold, welfare is the best economic stimulus and MASSIVE deficit spending. The Trump effect began the day after he was elected, optimism is back, a pro-business administration is back, the market has gained 6 trillion in market cap and hundreds of billions of dollars are returning to the US. Even Mr. Tiki should be able to see the difference.
Edited by PATruth, Jan 7 2018, 11:24 AM.
Texas Produces Double The Renewable Power As California At Almost Half The Price

Mr. Tik
Member Avatar

ringotuna
Jan 6 2018, 09:00 AM
Adolph Hipster
see what?
You may be a conservative republican..if you are pro life until you get your mistress knocked up

grannyhawkins
Member Avatar
I say that big talk's worth doodly-squat
Yew are a jeanyus with with a pink german helmet ta match yur intyleck
Endeavor to Persevere!!!

ringotuna
Member Avatar

Adolph Hipster
Jan 7 2018, 11:49 AM
ringotuna
Adolph Hipster
see what?
Ok, let's discuss...First of all, let me ask what point you are trying to make with this graphic?

nNeo

PATruth
Jan 7 2018, 11:23 AM
So Obama left office with a stagnant economy, another failing liberal program and a declining job market?
Literally the opposite of what actually happened. Look at the numbers. 2017 had the lowest job growth since 2010.
"You’ll have a lot of collateral damage.”

Drudge X
Member Avatar

It's called McJobs.
Cancel your cable television subscription and stop supporting the leftist leaning propaganda.

The Inquisitor
Member Avatar

ringotuna
Jan 7 2018, 02:39 PM
Adolph Hipster
ringotuna
Adolph Hipster
see what?
Ok, let's discuss...First of all, let me ask what point you are trying to make with this graphic?
This will be fun to watch....Attempting to have a logical debate with Tik.... :lol:
Warning....Leftist's Post Here....Take Precautions

Mr. Tik
Member Avatar

ringotuna
Adolph Hipster
ringotuna
Adolph Hipster
see what?
Don't be coy..just come out with it.

The Inquisitor
Member Avatar

Adolph Hipster
Jan 7 2018, 07:54 PM
ringotuna
Adolph Hipster
ringotuna
Adolph Hipster
see what?
Dodge 1

Mr. Tik
Member Avatar

The Inquisitor
Jan 7 2018, 03:58 PM
This will be fun to watch....Attempting to have a logical debate with Tik.... :lol:
When you and I debate..you resort to chicken jokes when you cannot counter. :oyvey

The Inquisitor
Member Avatar

Adolph Hipster
Jan 7 2018, 07:57 PM
The Inquisitor
Jan 7 2018, 03:58 PM
When you and I debate..you resort to chicken jokes when you cannot counter. :oyvey

:wah: :wah:

ringotuna
Member Avatar

Adolph Hipster
Jan 7 2018, 07:54 PM
ringotuna
Adolph Hipster
ringotuna
Adolph Hipster
see what?
I understand your trepidation. You'll probably need that wiggle room later in the discussion when you try to yabbutt your way out of this lesson. But since you're insistent on being timid, I'll go ahead and give you a primer on how to read data. We'll just presume that you're looking at it in a limited bilaterally capacity (Obama v. Trump). There are several reasons why that's just plain silly.
First, I don't know why the twitter author left out the Obama administrations first year. I have a theory. See (1.) below... but they did, so we'll work with what we've got. What you're looking at, if you were to graph the data... is an 8 year bell curve. (2010 - 2017) Take note of the quite impressive steady job gains up through 2014 where Obama's numbers peaked at 250,000. Then begins, for reasons I'll explain later (2.) a sharp decline in jobs growth until the trend was slowed in 2017.

2014: 250,000/month
2014-15; -24,000
2015-16; -39,000
2016-17; -16,000
2017; 171,000/month
A graphic representation of the data will more clearly show you how the downward trend in jobs growth from 2014 to 2016 was significantly slowed the southbound trend in 2017.
Posted Image
(1.) It's possible that the 2009 data were in the negative numbers, as a continuation of the Bush recession, and the twitter author chose rightfully not to accredit Obama with the low performance during the transition period. It's curious however that he did quite the opposite in 2017 during the Obama > Trump transition. He seem somewhat inconsistent in his methods of observation.
(2.) Think of it as reaching near critical mass, where the numbers are inching toward what they call 'full employment'. As we reach that point, the last few percentage points become more difficult to gain. Or another analogy... the last mile of the marathon is the most difficult. In my profession I see this on a regular basis. It's very easy to get from 1 to 9, but getting from 9 to 10 is a b!tch.
Attached to this post:
Attachments: unemployment.jpg (46.79 KB)
Edited by ringotuna, Jan 8 2018, 02:39 AM.

nNeo

ringotuna
Jan 8 2018, 02:35 AM
Think of it as reaching near critical mass, where the numbers are inching toward what they call 'full employment'.
I don't think you are disproving 'Tik's central point, though I appreciate and generally agree with your assessment. What is most significant is that employment crashed after the recession, but had largely recovered before Trump took office. I don't expect miracles from Trump, but some of his supporters do, or are crediting him unduly for "turning around" an economy that's actually been on an upward trend for some years.
"You’ll have a lot of collateral damage.”

RaiderNation
Member Avatar

nNeo
Jan 8 2018, 11:47 AM
ringotuna
Think of it as reaching near critical mass, where the numbers are inching toward what they call 'full employment'.
I don't think you are disproving 'Tik's central point, though I appreciate and generally agree with your assessment. What is most significant is that employment crashed after the recession, but had largely recovered before Trump took office. I don't expect miracles from Trump, but some of his supporters do, or are crediting him unduly for "turning around" an economy that's actually been on an upward trend for some years.
So, in other words, as usual, the truth is somewhere between the two extreme views.

Will Munny: "Deserve's got nothin' to do with it..."

Harambe4Trump
Member Avatar

nNeo
Jan 8 2018, 11:47 AM
ringotuna
Trump’s very election was miraculous
You were spared by Thanos.
#MAGA
#wallsnotwars

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · MFAB · Next Topic »
Add Reply