Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Perspectives. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
US spy plane circled between Russian airbase & port facility during Syria drone attack – MoD; another CIA/ISIS failure
Topic Started: Jan 10 2018, 03:53 AM (136 Views)
Siberian
Member Avatar

Moscow has noted “strange coincidences” surrounding a terrorist attack on a Russian airbase and port facility in Syria, in which guided combat drones were deployed by militants. These include a US spy plane spotted in the area.

https://www.rt.com/news/415374-drones-syria-terrorists-russian-defense/
Goood morning GULAG!!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Siberian
Member Avatar

well, I supppose next "terrorists" will attack with drones the US bases and personell in Syria or elswhere..
in retaliatiin...
drones were home made but software to guude them was professional, available only in countries which produce military drones, i.e. USA, Israel...
Edited by Siberian, Jan 10 2018, 04:02 AM.
Goood morning GULAG!!!

Siberian
Member Avatar

anyway, it's another demonstration of superiority of Russian weapons, particularly in anti-air defence.
Even if US carriers manage to det safely to the range of the attack then most of American jets will be shot down having not reached Russian borders...
Goood morning GULAG!!!

Demagogue
Member Avatar
Administrator
So this is what Russia considers
Quote:

state-of-the-art technologies.”
?

Posted Image

I only ask this because what it looks like is a piece of shit balsa wood hobby plane available anywhere in the world for next to nothing in cost.

As for the "Spy plane" that is P-8 Poseidon. That is an anti-submarine warfare and maritime patrol aircraft. It carries things like sonobuoys, torpedos and magnetic anomaly detectors.

But if you want to think that those are what state of the art drones look like then go ahead and feel good about yourself lol.

Incidentally, I have seen similar drones used by a nation state before. Iran used to have field deployed drones that looked like that but they have since upgraded.
Edited by Demagogue, Jan 10 2018, 11:06 AM.
People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would do them harm.

Siberian
Member Avatar

yes, these drones are intentionally made to look like garage-made garbage, to just fly they may be of even less quality, but to successfully fly in mountains of Latakia and drop bombs at the range of 100 km in GPS-programmed spots they need sophisticated US-made (? or Israel) milirary software...
after all it is nothing but another test of US-developed tactics of drone swarms.... it is exactly the US which is putting emphasis on this tactics as response to Russian superiority in anti-air weapons.....

US Army Tests Drone Swarms
http://www.uasvision.com/2015/10/21/us-army-tests-drone-swarms/

Edited by Siberian, Jan 10 2018, 03:12 PM.
Goood morning GULAG!!!

Siberian
Member Avatar

how high is a possibility that 13 home made drones reach exactly and precisely specific spot at the distance of up to 100 km? without Poseidon guidance.. or US military autonomous guidance software..
Edited by Siberian, Jan 10 2018, 03:42 PM.
Goood morning GULAG!!!

Robert Stout
Member Avatar

Reasonable deniability................ :)
Jesus can raise the dead, but he can't fix stupid

Demagogue
Member Avatar
Administrator
Siberian
Jan 10 2018, 03:35 PM
how high is a possibility that 13 home made drones reach exactly and precisely specific spot at the distance of up to 100 km? without Poseidon guidance.. or US military autonomous guidance software..
GPS is cheap and the drone in your picture did not travel 100km. I doubt it traveled 5km. The Russian defense ministry claims that they traveled "over 50km" but I would need to see and independently verified radar track or other source to actually believe that claim based upon the photo evidence provided.

Looking at that phone, specifically at the engine, I think you are looking at a much shorter range on that drone.

Edited by Demagogue, Jan 10 2018, 04:38 PM.
People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would do them harm.

Siberian
Member Avatar

well, obviously I am far from judging by myself, I have zero expertise in such stuff, I hope as more info emerges we'll be able to judge...
Russian ministry of defence has been cought lying already, the US milirary has the same reputation.
but facts are very suspcious.
Goood morning GULAG!!!

Demagogue
Member Avatar
Administrator
Siberian
Jan 10 2018, 05:47 PM
well, obviously I am far from judging by myself, I have zero expertise in such stuff, I hope as more info emerges we'll be able to judge...
Russian ministry of defence has been cought lying already, the US milirary has the same reputation.
but facts are very suspcious.
I know a good bit about the P-8. In fact there are around 60 of them sitting at the master ASW base just down the road. It is not the type of aircraft the US would use for the role that is being suggested in the articles.

Siberian
Member Avatar

Russia knows who staged attacks on Syrian base & it’s not Turkey – Putin

https://www.rt.com/news/415641-putin-syria-base-attack-turkey/amp/?utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fzen.yandex.com
Edited by Siberian, Jan 12 2018, 04:24 PM.
Goood morning GULAG!!!

Robert Stout
Member Avatar

I'm curious...Was Putin unwilling to name either the US, Israel, or Somalia ????................. :confused:
Jesus can raise the dead, but he can't fix stupid

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · UnitedStates.com FOREIGN* & DEFENSE · Next Topic »
Add Reply