Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Perspectives. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Trump cancels London trip, blames Obama administration
Topic Started: Jan 12 2018, 06:20 AM (393 Views)
Coast2coast

Trump cancels London trip, blames Obama administration

President Trump acknowledged reports that his trip to London expected early this year has been canceled, and in a tweet blamed the Obama administration.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-cancels-london-trip-blames-obama-administration/ar-AAuAbJj?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Coast2coast

What a putz this President is. No doubt something he will also blame Obama for. :rollseyes:

70-101
Member Avatar

London's Mayor already made it know Trump's not welcomed in England, where he's likely as popular as Putin.
“U bum. ... Going to White House was a great honor until you showed up!" - LeBron James, addressing Trump directly in a tweet.

RaiderNation
Member Avatar

Is there anything this imbecile won't lie about?

[twitter=realDonaldTrump/status/951679619341737986?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cbsnews.com%2Fnews%2Ftrump-london-trip-canceled-obama-administration-embassy%2F]

Quote:

However, the Reuters news agency points out that the embassy website "showed that the decision to move the location was taken months before Barack Obama took office in January 2009. The U.S. Embassy & Consulates in the UK said in October 2008 the embassy would be relocated for security reasons."
Will Munny: "Deserve's got nothin' to do with it..."

RaiderNation
Member Avatar

Quote:

The previous US embassy building on Grosvenor Square in Mayfair, London, was not sold for “peanuts”, as Trump alleges – because it never belonged to the United States. The building is owned by the Duke of Westminster, one of the biggest landowners in London. The square itself takes the family’s surname, Grosvenor. The current Duke, aged 26, is worth more than £9bn, making him the richest person under 30 in the world. The US Government has attempted to purchase the building before, but the previous Duke reportedly said he would only sell it if the (considerable) land confiscated from his family during the War of Independence was returned.

Read more at: https://inews.co.uk/news/world/obama-didnt-sell-off-us-embassy-trump-myths-busted/

Ignorance on parade.

peewee

Coast2coast
Jan 12 2018, 06:21 AM
What a putz this President is. No doubt something he will also blame Obama for. :rollseyes:

Cancelling the trip saved we taxpayers a butt load of money. What are you bellyaching about.

BuckFan

RaiderNation
Jan 12 2018, 08:31 AM
Quote:

The previous US embassy building on Grosvenor Square in Mayfair, London, was not sold for “peanuts”, as Trump alleges – because it never belonged to the United States. The building is owned by the Duke of Westminster, one of the biggest landowners in London. The square itself takes the family’s surname, Grosvenor. The current Duke, aged 26, is worth more than £9bn, making him the richest person under 30 in the world. The US Government has attempted to purchase the building before, but the previous Duke reportedly said he would only sell it if the (considerable) land confiscated from his family during the War of Independence was returned.

Read more at: https://inews.co.uk/news/world/obama-didnt-sell-off-us-embassy-trump-myths-busted/

Ignorance on parade.
There is a hotel on Grosvenor Square that I stayed in sometime after 9/11. I remember walking by the embassy which was a security issue. They had tried to put in barriers and control traffice but it was right on the street and square. I realized that if the embassy was bombed my hotel would also be a target.

Interestingly enough, after I walked by it and headed out of the square I walked by what appeared to be an apartment building also with visible security. A man was standing on the street, at night, taking pictures of the building which I found strange. After I walked out to the main street I found a Bobby and told him what I saw.

But back to the OP. Yet another example of our President demonstrating his disconnect from reality.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PATruth
Member Avatar

Maybe Obama is to blame? Obama blamed Bush for 6 years...

What we have is simple, Trump, the arrogant a-hole that he is, made another politically incorrect statement. Does that effect the economy, my paycheck, my healthcare.... The only thing hurt is some people's feelings, get over it.

If Trump could lose his voice and the ability to tweet for 3 more years he may be considered the best president ever. I'm concerned about results and so far we are in much better shape than when Trump was sworn in.

The stock market has gained 6 trillion in market cap, we are finally growing over 3%, we have a corporate tax rate that will make us more competitive, billions of dollars are being repatriated, we are doing more to enforce our borders and businesses are more optimistic than any time during Obama's tenure.
Edited by PATruth, Jan 12 2018, 01:20 PM.
Texas Produces Double The Renewable Power As California At Almost Half The Price

George Aligator
Member Avatar

What we have is simple, Trump, the arrogant a-hole that he is, made another politically incorrect statement. Does that effect the economy, my paycheck, my healthcare.... The only thing hurt is some people's feelings, get over it.

This ^^^ assertion strikes to the heart of many of the key issues in government policy these days. There is a plausible argument for the assertion that Trump's "politically incorrect statement" has no serious effects. It certainly did not have instantaneously catastrophic effects. The fields of diplomacy, international finance and domestic legislative power are normally guided by sustained tendencies and pressures rather than a sudden rock in road.

Measuring the effects of Trump's presidency is not a simple job, but it is an important one. Without some good information, our voters in November will fall back on emotional reaction to public relations images. Our system requires a higher level of citizen participation than that. I thank the poster for raising this important point.
Conservatism is a social disease

nNeo

I have to give PA props for admitting that Trump is a twit, but he doesn't mind as long as his personal financial situation improves. I suspect it's that way for many, but few have the guts to say it outright. [slow clap]

"We don't care about other people". -- the mantra of today's GOP
"You’ll have a lot of collateral damage.”

Coast2coast

But PA's comments are not just selfish they are short sighted. International affairs do affect things in our own nation. It may be something direct or it can come at a time when the U.S. needs these allies who will not be so gracious towards this nation.

What represents this nation before the world is this nation and the President's comments represents a new America of hate, racism and idiocy.

The cancellation of this visit is just the first step towards a U.S. that is losing it's status as a great nation.

Edited by Coast2coast, Jan 12 2018, 05:14 PM.

StillCrazy1
Member Avatar
!!!!
peewee
Jan 12 2018, 10:30 AM
Coast2coast
Jan 12 2018, 06:21 AM

Cancelling the trip saved we taxpayers a butt load of money. What are you bellyaching about.
More money for golf trips to mar-a-lago
Ever notice the only 2 people Trump refuses to speak ill of are Stormy Daniels and Vladimir Putin?

Mr. Tik
Member Avatar

nNeo
Jan 12 2018, 05:07 PM
I have to give PA props for admitting that Trump is a twit, but he doesn't mind as long as his personal financial situation improves. I suspect it's that way for many, but few have the guts to say it outright. [slow clap]

"We don't care about other people". -- the mantra of today's GOP
The GOP-When being a billionaire isn't enough.
You may be a conservative republican..if you are pro life until you get your mistress knocked up

Mr. Tik
Member Avatar

PATruth
Jan 12 2018, 01:19 PM
Maybe Obama is to blame? Obama blamed Bush for 6 years...

If Trump could lose his voice and the ability to tweet for 3 more years he may be considered the best president ever. I'm concerned about results and so far we are in much better shape than when Trump was sworn in.

The stock market has gained 6 trillion in market cap, we are finally growing over 3%, we have a corporate tax rate that will make us more competitive, billions of dollars are being repatriated, we are doing more to enforce our borders and businesses are more optimistic than any time during Obama's tenure.
I recall when stock market did well under Obama, you were all like "See..Obama only care about his wall street buddies and not the American people"
You may be a conservative republican..if you are pro life until you get your mistress knocked up

The Inquisitor
Member Avatar

Rumour has it that Trump cancelled because he's having too much fun pissing off the left.... :biggrin:
Warning....Leftist's Post Here....Take Precautions

RaiderNation
Member Avatar

No. He's simply an ignorant imbecile, apologized for by millions like you.

Coast2coast

The Inquisitor
Jan 12 2018, 07:30 PM
Rumour has it that Trump cancelled because he's having too much fun pissing off the left.... :biggrin:
Cancelled because even to our closest ally we are becoming a degraded nation that they don't want to be associated with or even give the appearance of support to.

Our President and by proxy our nation is becoming a pariah.

The Inquisitor
Member Avatar

RaiderNation
Jan 12 2018, 07:33 PM
No. He's simply an ignorant imbecile, apologized for by millions like you.
Pot meet Kettle.... :biggrin:
Warning....Leftist's Post Here....Take Precautions

Drudge X
Member Avatar

Coast2coast
Jan 12 2018, 07:35 PM
The Inquisitor
Cancelled because even to our closest ally we are becoming a degraded nation that they don't want to be associated with or even give the appearance of support to.

Are you sure about the closest ally? Didn't you guys cry the sky is falling after Brexit?
Cancel your cable television subscription and stop supporting the leftist leaning propaganda.

Coast2coast

Drudge X
Jan 12 2018, 09:08 PM
Coast2coast
Jan 12 2018, 07:35 PM
The Inquisitor

Are you sure about the closest ally? Didn't you guys cry the sky is falling after Brexit?
Brexit does not remove Great Britian as one of our closest allies. That comes down to President Trump's idiocy forcing other nations to make moral decisions against our nations rapidly deteriorating moral values.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · UnitedStates.com DOMESTIC U.S. news · Next Topic »
Add Reply