Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Perspectives. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Jeff Bezos donates $33 million to fund college scholarships for Dreamers
Topic Started: Jan 13 2018, 09:09 AM (515 Views)
RaiderNation
Member Avatar

Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos and his wife, MacKenzie, are donating $33 million in the form of a scholarship grant to help 1,000 undocumented immigrant high school graduates with Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals status attend college.

The Bezos grant comes through TheDream.US, a scholarship fund for Dreamers. The organization, which is less than four years old, says this is the largest grant it has ever received. In partnership with more than 70 low-cost colleges in 15 states, TheDream.US offers individual students $33,000 in scholarship aid over four years to help them cover the cost of tuition, fees and books.

"My dad came to the U.S. when he was 16 as part of Operation Pedro Pan," Bezos said in a statement. "He landed in this country alone and unable to speak English. With a lot of grit and determination – and the help of some remarkable organizations in Delaware – my dad became an outstanding citizen, and he continues to give back to the country that he feels blessed him in so many ways. MacKenzie and I are honored to be able to help today’s Dreamers by funding these scholarships."

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/jeff-bezos-donates-33-million-185413197.html

===================================================================
SYI by topic author - Topic Closed
D
Edited by Demagogue, Jan 14 2018, 11:50 AM.
Will Munny: "Deserve's got nothin' to do with it..."
Offline Profile Goto Top

Katoblue
Member Avatar

and what foundation and millions in donations has Jeff Bezos made for our own American Dreamers like black, white and all real American minorities boys and girls Born here in the states that can't go to college because their parents can't afford to send them?

it's obvious! Jeff Berzos and Alt-left Dems hate real American kids who are the real Dreamers!

Edited by Katoblue, Jan 13 2018, 10:04 AM.
Killary, DNC, Obummer's DOJ and FBI all Lied and Spied and Good People Died!
Offline Profile Goto Top

RaiderNation
Member Avatar

^ Kato looks a gift horse in the mouth ... just as hateful as her imbecile in chief ...
Will Munny: "Deserve's got nothin' to do with it..."
Offline Profile Goto Top

peewee

Katoblue
Jan 13 2018, 10:03 AM
and what foundation and millions in donations has Jeff Bezos made for our own American Dreamers like black, white and all real American minorities boys and girls Born here in the states that can't go to college because their parents can't afford to send them?

it's obvious! Jeff Berzos and Alt-left Dems hate real American kids who are the real Dreamers!

Kato, I Goggled this.

Federal law does not prohibit states from providing in-state tuition to undocumented students. Currently, at least 17 states have passed legislation allowing undocumented graduates of state high schools to pay in-state tuition for colleges and universities. These states are California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Kansas, Maryland, Minnesota, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Utah and Washington.

Currently, only about 5-10% of undocumented young people who graduate from high school go on to college, compared with about 75% of their classmates (National Immigration Law Center).

I would think that Bezos gets a nice tax deduction for his generosity but only 1,000 get to benefit from this. You make a point when you ask what about our own.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tsalagi
Member Avatar

Katoblue

So....you're going to play politics with a man who wants to give kids a chance to go to college, and you fault him for his choice of kids...my God but your hatred seeps from you. For these kids, America is the only home they've ever known..so yes..they are real minority Americans.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BuckFan

Bezos has not really ramped up his giving yet but he has donated significant money to medical research, science and immigrants. His family (parents) also are philanthropists.

https://www.insidephilanthropy.com/guide-to-individual-donors/jeff-bezos.html

Some of us consider the Dreamers as real American kids and in fact, given their records they may be more so.
Offline Profile Goto Top

peewee

Tsalagi
Jan 13 2018, 11:32 AM
Katoblue

So....you're going to play politics with a man who wants to give kids a chance to go to college, and you fault him for his choice of kids...my God but your hatred seeps from you. For these kids, America is the only home they've ever known..so yes..they are real minority Americans.
The big embarrassment is that it will cost 33 million to get only 1,000 though 4 years at college. Many countries offer free college to all. Many countries offer 4 years at college at a lower cost than the US. The cost of education for our children is a real sore spot for me. My son is now exceeding 150k in student loans as he begins his pursuit of a PhD. To cut the costs he plans to attend a foreign law school where his time in college will be less dollars and less time spent in school than the US. This is not right. Both our banks, student loans, and our colleges are ripping our kids a new one day after day.
Offline Profile Goto Top

peewee

BuckFan
Jan 13 2018, 11:50 AM
Bezos has not really ramped up his giving yet but he has donated significant money to medical research, science and immigrants. His family (parents) also are philanthropists.

Some of us consider the Dreamers as real American kids and in fact, given their records they may be more so.
Bezos, Gates, Paul Allen are all doing a great job of getting money out to many great causes.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Harambe4Trump
Member Avatar

Tsalagi
Katoblue

In the Second World War, Manchuria was the only home many Japanese children ever knew. As they were invaders, they were still deported
You were spared by Thanos.
#MAGA
#wallsnotwars
Offline Profile Goto Top

Harambe4Trump
Member Avatar

BuckFan
Jan 13 2018, 11:50 AM

Some Poles collaborated with the Soviet Occupation

Edited by Harambe4Trump, Jan 13 2018, 12:16 PM.
#MAGA
#wallsnotwars
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tsalagi
Member Avatar

Harambe4Trump
Jan 13 2018, 12:14 PM
Tsalagi
Katoblue

In the Second World War, Manchuria was the only home many Japanese children ever knew. As they were invaders, they were still deported
Irrevelent to thread...don't care to hear about your All-things asian fetish.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Harambe4Trump
Member Avatar

Tsalagi
Jan 13 2018, 12:18 PM
Harambe4Trump
Tsalagi
Katoblue

If true, you would stop going to Ramen Restraurants
#MAGA
#wallsnotwars
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tsalagi
Member Avatar

Harambe4Trump
Jan 13 2018, 12:21 PM
Tsalagi
Harambe4Trump
Tsalagi
Katoblue

Again....did I mention irrevelent to the thread?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Harambe4Trump
Member Avatar

Tsalagi
Jan 13 2018, 12:25 PM
Harambe4Trump
Tsalagi
Harambe4Trump
Tsalagi

Quoting limited to 5 levels deepand what foundation and millions in donations has Jeff Bezos made for our own American Dreamers like black, white and all real American minorities boys and girls Born here in the states that can't go to college because their parents can't afford to send them?

You need to convince yourself first in order to say it with confidence
#MAGA
#wallsnotwars
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tsalagi
Member Avatar

Harambe4Trump
Jan 13 2018, 12:26 PM
Tsalagi
Harambe4Trump
Tsalagi
Harambe4Trump

Quoting limited to 5 levels deepand what foundation and millions in donations has Jeff Bezos made for our own American Dreamers like black, white and all real American minorities boys and girls Born here in the states that can't go to college because their parents can't afford to send them?

Physician heal thyself. As for me...I'll stick to actually talking bout the thread, enjoy your circle jerk.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Harambe4Trump
Member Avatar

Tsalagi
Jan 13 2018, 12:29 PM
Harambe4Trump
Jan 13 2018, 12:26 PM
Tsalagi
Harambe4Trump
Tsalagi

Physician heal thyself. As for me...I'll stick to actually talking bout the thread, enjoy your circle jerk.
How sad that you are unable to enjoy anything
#MAGA
#wallsnotwars
Offline Profile Goto Top

Katoblue
Member Avatar

RaiderNation
Jan 13 2018, 10:12 AM
^ Kato looks a gift horse in the mouth ... just as hateful as her imbecile in chief ...
a gift horse to those who break our laws coming here illegally! to criminals! lmafo

he is no gift horse to american boys and girls for college.. he's a gift horse only to criminals who break our laws.. when in all his years has he ever put up millions for our own American kids to go to college?? NEVER.. so don't call him a gift horse call him a criminal enableabler.. for that's all he is!

just like the dems Pelosi, Durbin and the like.. they don't give a damn or care about DACA! they only care about the Dream act! to make illegals legal all just for votes! you libs really insult Americans with your phony DACA and your aiding and abetting illegals while the only thing you give is your middle finger to Our own poor American kids!
:rollseyes:

Edited by Katoblue, Jan 13 2018, 02:56 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

PATruth
Member Avatar

It's his money. Why doesn't anyone donate money to the federal Treasury?
Texas Produces Double The Renewable Power As California At Almost Half The Price
Offline Profile Goto Top

Katoblue
Member Avatar

peewee
Jan 13 2018, 10:32 AM
Katoblue

Kato, I Goggled this.

Federal law does not prohibit states from providing in-state tuition to undocumented students. Currently, at least 17 states have passed legislation allowing undocumented graduates of state high schools to pay in-state tuition for colleges and universities. These states are California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Kansas, Maryland, Minnesota, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Utah and Washington.

Currently, only about 5-10% of undocumented young people who graduate from high school go on to college, compared with about 75% of their classmates (National Immigration Law Center).

I would think that Bezos gets a nice tax deduction for his generosity but only 1,000 get to benefit from this. You make a point when you ask what about our own.
Bump! yea those illegal criminals who breaks our laws have more entitlements than our own poor kids! makes my point exactly! thank you peewee!

Offline Profile Goto Top

George Aligator
Member Avatar

Katoblue
Jan 13 2018, 03:00 PM
peewee
Jan 13 2018, 10:32 AM
Katoblue

Kato, I Goggled this.

Bump! yea those illegal criminals who breaks our laws have more entitlements than our own poor kids! makes my point exactly! thank you peewee!

This ^^^ poster doesn't know who Dreamers are. They aren't criminals. They have broken no law, although their parents committed a federal misdemeanor by bringing them here without proper documentation. Blind bigotry, nothing more.
Conservatism is a social disease
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · UnitedStates.com DOMESTIC U.S. news · Next Topic »
Locked Topic