Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Perspectives. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
When vitriol towards a president becomes treason
Topic Started: Jan 13 2018, 03:30 PM (728 Views)
dcbl
Member Avatar
Good guys wear white hats
treason

that is what we are seeing from leftists

we say they hate America, and many times that comment is mostly a jab in the back and forth in the "gotcha" game of politics and message board banter

but when a democrat senator breaks confidence by revealing comments from a private meeting; my position is that the action is nothing less than treason

Senator Durbin is a traitor to the United States; and those that are rallying behind him are no better

they care more about undermining Trump than they do about what is best for America

the debate over immigration COULD be made on principled grounds and settled at the ballot box

but that is not how the left operates

Trump says he never referred to any country as a "s***hole"

but it really does not matter

the reaction from the left and our media is unpatriotic and damaging to our national interests; it really could not be more clear cut

bonus - can someone, anyone, explain to me why I should care if POTUS called some s***hole a s***hole?

it must be exhausting to live in a perpetual state of outrage over trivial things...

bonus part duex - having top leaders on the left scream at the sky in outrage over this will help Trump and republicans at the ballot box

:popcorn:
Republicans sign checks on the front, democrats sign them on the back…True story!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

RaiderNation
Member Avatar

You're over the edge dcbl. Seek help.
Will Munny: "Deserve's got nothin' to do with it..."

Drudge X
Member Avatar

That "Dick" Durbin Turban was also called his own fellow citizens Nazi.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/8307379/ns/politics/t/illinois-senator-apologizesfor-guantanamo-nazi-remarks/
Cancel your cable television subscription and stop supporting the leftist leaning propaganda.

PATruth
Member Avatar

Treason is debatable but I guarantee most liberals are praying for a recession. They would rather see massive unemployment and misery rather than a successful economy with Trump at the helm. Is that treason? If not they are definitely un-American.
Texas Produces Double The Renewable Power As California At Almost Half The Price

RaiderNation
Member Avatar

DP
Edited by RaiderNation, Jan 13 2018, 04:01 PM.

RaiderNation
Member Avatar

Drudge X
Jan 13 2018, 03:57 PM
That "Dick" Durbin Turban was also called his own fellow citizens Nazi.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/8307379/ns/politics/t/illinois-senator-apologizesfor-guantanamo-nazi-remarks/
Couldn't you find something older than 2005, genius?

StillCrazy1
Member Avatar
!!!!
dcbl
Jan 13 2018, 03:30 PM
treason

we say they hate America, and many times that comment is mostly a jab in the back and forth in the "gotcha" game of politics and message board banter

but when a democrat senator breaks confidence by revealing comments from a private meeting; my position is that the action is nothing less than treason

Senator Durbin is a traitor to the United States; and those that are rallying behind him are no better

they care more about undermining Trump than they do about what is best for America

the debate over immigration COULD be made on principled grounds and settled at the ballot box

the reaction from the left and our media is unpatriotic and damaging to our national interests; it really could not be more clear cut

bonus - can someone, anyone, explain to me why I should care if POTUS called some s***hole a s***hole?

it must be exhausting to live in a perpetual state of outrage over trivial things...

bonus part duex - having top leaders on the left scream at the sky in outrage over this will help Trump and republicans at the ballot box

Ignorance of what treason is doesnt help so here you go -

Article 3 of The US Constitution defines treason as:

Quote:

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

Revealing to the public what is said in a closed door meeting is not treason.

Blanket statements like calling entire countries "s**tholes" because they are countries of darkies gives insight into the way the President thinks of and deals with the rest of the world. It creates unneeded problems, and shows a lack of both restraint and discernment by the President.

You can bet if the leader of another country called the US a s**thole (which it is rapidly becoming) there would be a bunch of moronic, childish tweets about it posted from Trumps account.

By the way YOU saying someone else hates America because they dont worship the US government the way you do or.to your satisfaction does not make it so.
Ever notice the only 2 people Trump refuses to speak ill of are Stormy Daniels and Vladimir Putin?

dcbl
Member Avatar
Good guys wear white hats
PATruth
Jan 13 2018, 03:59 PM
Treason is debatable but I guarantee most liberals are praying for a recession. They would rather see massive unemployment and misery rather than a successful economy with Trump at the helm. Is that treason? If not they are definitely un-American.
treason is probably too strong

but disinterested in what is good for America at a minimum

they care more about political points than they do about what is best for our country

why would democrats not want to be part of a discussion about policy?

anyway; Durbin has demonstrated that he cannot be trusted with sensitive information

Republicans sign checks on the front, democrats sign them on the back…True story!

PATruth
Member Avatar

dcbl
Jan 13 2018, 04:57 PM
PATruth

they care more about political points than they do about what is best for our country

anyway; Durbin has demonstrated that he cannot be trusted with sensitive information

After disrespecting Trump the democrats number one priority is illegal immigrants. The democrat party of old is dead.
Texas Produces Double The Renewable Power As California At Almost Half The Price

Harambe4Trump
Member Avatar

The resistance is seditituous and should smothered into ashes
You were spared by Thanos.
#MAGA
#wallsnotwars

RaiderNation
Member Avatar

dcbl

Your diatribe here is as or more applicable to Trump and his a**lickers as it is to anyone else.

Opinionated
Member Avatar

I don't know what DCLB is smoking, but he should review what conservatives had to say for eight years about Obama before he starts talking about vitriol being treason.

PATruth
Member Avatar

Opinionated
Jan 13 2018, 05:46 PM
I don't know what DCLB is smoking, but he should review what conservatives had to say for eight years about Obama before he starts talking about vitriol being treason.
I remember my comments, I called him an incompetent idiot that added 10 trillion dollars to the debt, lied to us about his signature healthcare program, lied to us about the IRS scandal and was responsible for the slowest growing economy since the Great Depression. Those are facts, not unfounded nasty comments.

La Pasionaria
Member Avatar

dcbl
treason

Your argument is nothing less than absolute bull shyte and as such this post should be moved to either MFAB or UUU immediately. Moderators do your thing!

I'm always tickled pink, no pun intended, when our conservative snowflakes get all up in a dilly about how Trump's being treated.

Now more specifically, there's nothing in your argument that even comes remotely close to constituting treason.

Here's the definition:

"Legal Definition of treason. : the offense of attempting to overthrow the government of one's country or of assisting its enemies in war; specifically : the act of levying war against the United States or adhering to or giving aid and comfort to its enemies by one who owes it allegiance."

Source: Treason | Definition of Treason by Merriam-Webster; https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/treason

Real Americans Are Standing Up To The Alt-Right And It's Constant Lying!!!!!

:usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa:

peewee

dcbl
treason

You're a true friend of the crown! Dilly, Dilly! Off to the Pit of Misery for Dick "The Dick" Durban.

Tsalagi
Member Avatar

dcbl
PATruth

Wait a sec...how is President Trump's personal opinion of another country considered sensitive information? He's not exactly shy about giving his opinion...he's made tweeting more important then keeping his staff intact.

Coast2coast

dcbl
PATruth

Yes, treason is way over the top for a difference of opinion.

Is this really the right direction for the country?

And would you apply those same standards to the actions of conservatives for the eight years of the Obama administration?

Has the White House actually denied the comment?
Has Senators Purdue and Cotton changed their "don't recall" to a "no" yet? :biggrin:

C'mon, seriously?

Edited by Coast2coast, Jan 13 2018, 09:18 PM.

The Inquisitor
Member Avatar

Tsalagi
Jan 13 2018, 09:11 PM
dcbl
PATruth

Wait a sec...how is President Trump's personal opinion of another country considered sensitive information? He's not exactly shy about giving his opinion...he's made tweeting more important then keeping his staff intact.
Fair point....But....If your heart is in making a deal then you don't broadcast every negative comment made in meetings to obtain that deal....

With what was put on the table to the President by these Senators....It was a fail just waiting to be called....
Warning....Leftist's Post Here....Take Precautions

Opinionated
Member Avatar

PATruth
Jan 13 2018, 05:53 PM
Opinionated
Jan 13 2018, 05:46 PM
I remember my comments, I called him an incompetent idiot that added 10 trillion dollars to the debt, lied to us about his signature healthcare program, lied to us about the IRS scandal and was responsible for the slowest growing economy since the Great Depression. Those are facts, not unfounded nasty comments.
You are not the only conservative to have ever spoken on the topic of President Obama.

Opinionated
Member Avatar

The Inquisitor
Jan 13 2018, 09:21 PM
Tsalagi
Jan 13 2018, 09:11 PM
dcbl
PATruth

Fair point....But....If your heart is in making a deal then you don't broadcast every negative comment made in meetings to obtain that deal....

With what was put on the table to the President by these Senators....It was a fail just waiting to be called....
Anyone who can't filter themselves enough to make sure that the term "sh!thole" doesn't come up when they are in the midst of important negotiations that they would like to see succeed, isn't bright enough to be President, even if they are President.

Trump is an arrogant foul mouth nincompoop that makes Obama look like a political/diplomatic genius. Hell, he even manages to make GWB look good, and that takes some doing.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Op EDITORIALS: personal & political governance · Next Topic »
Add Reply