Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Perspectives. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Christian Faith; Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Topic Started: Feb 10 2018, 04:46 PM (460 Views)
seraphim
Member Avatar

Without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. For it is by grace [we] have been saved, through faith — and this not from ourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.

Soli Deo gloria
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Realitycheck
Member Avatar

seraphim
Feb 10 2018, 04:46 PM
Without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. For it is by grace [we] have been saved, through faith — and this not from ourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.

I have been in a couple of life threatening situations. I had faith in my ability to handle them and didn't need to call upon some mythical character.
Religion in general and xianity in particular, is the worst scourge, the foulest plague to ever beset mankind.

seraphim
Member Avatar

Those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified. What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all — how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?

Soli Deo gloria

Realitycheck
Member Avatar

seraphim
Feb 10 2018, 06:29 PM
Those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified. What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all — how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?

:rotflmao: You are definitely delusional.
Religion in general and xianity in particular, is the worst scourge, the foulest plague to ever beset mankind.

seraphim
Member Avatar

"A farmer went out to sow his seed. As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path; it was trampled on, and the birds of the air ate it up. Some fell on rock, and when it came up, the plants withered because they had no moisture. Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up with it and choked the plants. Still other seed fell on good soil. It came up and yielded a crop, a hundred times more than was sown." When he said this, he called out, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear."
Soli Deo gloria

Realitycheck
Member Avatar

seraphim
Feb 10 2018, 09:31 PM
"A farmer went out to sow his seed. As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path; it was trampled on, and the birds of the air ate it up. Some fell on rock, and when it came up, the plants withered because they had no moisture. Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up with it and choked the plants. Still other seed fell on good soil. It came up and yielded a crop, a hundred times more than was sown." When he said this, he called out, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear."
He who has eyes...let him read; http://churchandstate.org.uk/2015/12/the-bible-is-fiction-a-collection-of-evidence/

seraphim
Member Avatar

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will—to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding. And he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, to be put into effect when the times will have reached their fulfillment — to bring all things in heaven and on earth together under one head, even Christ.
Soli Deo gloria

Realitycheck
Member Avatar

seraphim
Feb 10 2018, 11:27 PM
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will—to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding. And he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, to be put into effect when the times will have reached their fulfillment — to bring all things in heaven and on earth together under one head, even Christ.
jesus who? http://churchandstate.org.uk/2016/05/demolishing-the-historicity-of-jesus-a-history/

seraphim
Member Avatar

Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me. Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me!
Soli Deo gloria

Realitycheck
Member Avatar

seraphim
Feb 10 2018, 11:53 PM
Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me. Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me!
• According to the ‘Random House Dictionary of Popular Proverbs and Sayings’ this proverb has been traced back to 1546 (John Heywood), and resembles the Biblical verse Jeremiah 5:21 (‘Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not’). In 1738 it was used by Jonathan Swift in his ‘Polite Conversation’ and is first attested in the United States in the 1713 ‘Works of Thomas Chalkley’. The full saying is: ‘There are none so blind as those who will not see. The most deluded people are those who choose to ignore what they already know’.

Your protestations and dependence upon "scripture" are obvious proof you already know your beliefs are false and an admission you are too insecure to admit it. :rotflmao:

seraphim
Member Avatar

Jesus said, "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is of no avail. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life. But there are some of you who do not believe." And he said, "This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father."
Soli Deo gloria

Realitycheck
Member Avatar

seraphim
Feb 11 2018, 12:15 AM
Jesus said, "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is of no avail. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life. But there are some of you who do not believe." And he said, "This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father."
jesus never said a damn thing. He never existed. :booboo:

seraphim
Member Avatar

Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked
or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers.
But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night.
He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers.

Not so the wicked! They are like chaff that the wind blows away.
Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.
For the Lord watches over the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish.

Soli Deo gloria

Realitycheck
Member Avatar

seraphim
Feb 11 2018, 12:53 AM
Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked
or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers.
But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night.
He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers.

Not so the wicked! They are like chaff that the wind blows away.
Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.
For the Lord watches over the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish.

Do you feel better now? Secure in your desperate mythology? :rotflmao:

seraphim
Member Avatar

The day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare. Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming.
Soli Deo gloria

Realitycheck
Member Avatar

seraphim
Feb 11 2018, 01:22 AM
The day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare. Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming.
Good quite. Religion is a thief. The churches steal from the poor as Joel Osteen proves so well. Religion steals intelligence and reason as Seraphim proves so well.

seraphim
Member Avatar

There are six things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him:
haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart
that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil,
a false witness who pours out lies and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers.

Soli Deo gloria

Realitycheck
Member Avatar

seraphim
Feb 11 2018, 12:27 PM
There are six things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him:
haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart
that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil,
a false witness who pours out lies and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers.

Isn't there something about bearing false witness as well? You bear false witness with everything you post because there is no god.

seraphim
Member Avatar

The fool says in his heart, "There is no God."
They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds..
Have they no knowledge, all the evildoers... who do not call upon the Lord?

Soli Deo gloria

Realitycheck
Member Avatar

seraphim
Feb 11 2018, 12:48 PM
The fool says in his heart, "There is no God."
They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds..
Have they no knowledge, all the evildoers... who do not call upon the Lord?

The fool fools himself by claiming there is a god. He further fools himself and himself alone when he refuses to face that reality.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · RELIGION+: all faiths & views · Next Topic »
Add Reply