Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Perspectives. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Stocks Plummet As Tech, Amazon Lead Broad Selloff; Nasdaq Negative For 2018
Topic Started: Apr 2 2018, 04:51 PM (374 Views)
La Pasionaria
Member Avatar

Hey, where'd "Goldilocks go?

Stocks plummet as tech, Amazon lead broad selloff; Nasdaq negative for 2018 - By Ryan Vlastelica, MarketWatch - 4:24 PM ET 4/2/2018; https://www.fidelity.com/news/article/us-markets/

"U.S. stocks fell sharply Monday, in the latest example of heavy intraday volatility driven by both uncertainty surrounding trade policy and weakness in the large-capitalization technology and internet sectors.

The day's weakness was broad-based, with all 11 S&P 500 sectors dropping and eight of them shedding more than 2%. There was particular weakness in the technology and consumer-discretionary sectors, which took the Nasdaq into negative territory for the year and brought it within striking distance of closing in correction territory, defined as a 10% drop from a peak.

In an ominous sign for where equities may be headed, the S&P 500 closed below its 200-day moving average (http:// www.marketwatch.com/story/stock-selloff-threatens-lengthy-stretch-above-key-technical-level-2018-04-02) for the first time since June 2016, after the United Kingdom voted to leave the European Union. That closely watched technical level - - which the Dow nearly closed below as well -- is seen as a gauge of the long-term momentum in an asset."

What happened to the great Trump Rally?

Funny but I don't seem to hear too much in the way of investors cheering but I do hear a lot of groaning and gnashing of teeth, a beating of breasts!

:wah: :lol: :oyvey :booboo: :dunno: :rotflmao:

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Robert Stout
Member Avatar

AS I explained to you, the USA will enter a new economic golden age when we return our factories from sh*thole countries....Treasonous Presidents since Bill Clinton exported our manufacturing to benefit only multinational corporations and foreign countries..... :nana:
Jesus can raise the dead, but he can't fix stupid

La Pasionaria
Member Avatar

Robert Stout
Apr 3 2018, 12:22 AM
AS I explained to you, the USA will enter a new economic golden age when we return our factories from sh*thole countries....Treasonous Presidents since Bill Clinton exported our manufacturing to benefit only multinational corporations and foreign countries..... :nana:
Whatever it is that you regularly smoke, it's probably illegal.

Now back to the reality that will short circuit your "golden age":

Trump’s trade war will punish Trump country worst of all http://bit.ly/2EfRmFy

Robert Stout
Member Avatar

La Pasionaria
Apr 3 2018, 05:32 PM
Robert Stout

I hope you don't use Salon.com for investment advice....They may be okay on where to get a cheap abortion............ :dunno:
Jesus can raise the dead, but he can't fix stupid

CautionaryTales
Member Avatar

Trade war ramping up.
Trouble down on the farm

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/china-vows-countermeasures-u-issues-extensive-tariff-list-052939363--sector.html
Edited by CautionaryTales, Apr 4 2018, 06:12 AM.

Have you paid your internet taxes?

peewee

Robert Stout
Apr 4 2018, 03:38 AM
La Pasionaria
Robert Stout

I hope you don't use Salon.com for investment advice....They may be okay on where to get a cheap abortion............ :dunno:
I suspect that Jim Cramer and Snoozy Orman are La Pest's investment gurus.
Edited by peewee, Apr 4 2018, 09:55 AM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

clone
Member Avatar
Director @ Center for Advanced Memetic Warfare
peewee
Apr 4 2018, 09:55 AM
Robert Stout
La Pasionaria
Robert Stout

LOL....

Dow jumps 200 points, stocks make roaring comeback from morning plunge on trade war fears

LINK
Liberals, you don't need to re-write The Constitution....You just need to re-read it.

PATruth
Member Avatar

I'm beginning to think La Pasionaria and Siberian are the same poster.
Only in America where the people who don't pay taxes demand the people who pay taxes to pay more to subsidize the lives of the non-payers.

Katoblue
Member Avatar

PATruth
Apr 4 2018, 04:28 PM
naaa Siberian really is from Russia and has a brain, smarts and funny too and isn't an alt-left like La pasion is..

Killary, DNC, Obummer's DOJ and FBI all Lied and Spied and Good People Died!

PATruth
Member Avatar

Katoblue
Apr 4 2018, 04:50 PM
PATruth
naaa Siberian really is from Russia and has a brain, smarts and funny too and isn't an alt-left like La pasion is..

Yea, I like Siberian, he's actually pretty interesting guy. I just wish he would give up on the wild conspiracy theories. Every day he has a new theory about America's demise.
Only in America where the people who don't pay taxes demand the people who pay taxes to pay more to subsidize the lives of the non-payers.

clone
Member Avatar
Director @ Center for Advanced Memetic Warfare
PATruth
Apr 4 2018, 06:26 PM
Katoblue
PATruth

Yea, I like Siberian, he's actually pretty interesting guy. I just wish he would give up on the wild conspiracy theories. Every day he has a new theory about America's demise.
“This was the 3rd time in history that the Dow Jones has closed higher after a 500-point intraday swing”
Liberals, you don't need to re-write The Constitution....You just need to re-read it.

Drudge X
Member Avatar

Trump wins again.
Democrats' front runner for 2020: Daniels/Hogg

La Pasionaria
Member Avatar

clone
Apr 4 2018, 03:48 PM
peewee
Robert Stout
La Pasionaria
Robert Stout

LOL....

Dow jumps 200 points, stocks make roaring comeback from morning plunge on trade war fears

LINK
Spoken like a true and precious Trumpian novitiate.

Now let's take a look at what's actually happening in the markets:

The Dow has three times broken to the downside and is now trading below it's moving average and the volume on the up days is generally lower than it has been on the down days. That doesn't portend to well for the markets. Likewise the money flows and momentum indicators are weak as well.

Those indicators are even more pronounced for the S&P 500 and the Nasdaq.

Keep on fooling yourself with your pro=-Trump adulations and you'll keep on losing more of the money you can't afford to lose as well!

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

La Pasionaria
Member Avatar

Katoblue
PATruth

See my response to Clone below and use it to learn a little something about this market stuff!

:lol: :oyvey :lol: :booboo: :rotflmao: :popcorn: :box:

peewee

clone
Apr 4 2018, 06:40 PM
PATruth
Katoblue
PATruth

“This was the 3rd time in history that the Dow Jones has closed higher after a 500-point intraday swing”
And then just when you were not looking the market on Wednesday closed 230.94 points higher at 24,264.30, rallying more than 700 points from its session low.

La Pasionaria
Member Avatar

peewee
Apr 5 2018, 11:05 AM
clone
PATruth
Katoblue
PATruth

And then just when you were not looking the market on Wednesday closed 230.94 points higher at 24,264.30, rallying more than 700 points from its session low.
Until Trump does something stupid that sends the market back down:

US-China trade war will hurt America's heartland: https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/04/china-iowa-trade-xi-jinping-trump-hogs-soybeans/557105/

"Given Iowa’s dependence on global trade, its economy offers a test case for understanding the hypothetical impacts of a trade war like the one President Donald Trump seems to want. In early March, Trump announced tariffs on aluminum and steel, with China intended as a prime target. Then on March 22, following an investigation into Chinese trade practices and intellectual property theft, Trump proposed levying tariffs on more than $50-billion-worth of Chinese goods. Yesterday, China began levying a 25 percent tariff on eight U.S. products, including pork, along with lesser tariffs on 120 other goods, in retaliation for the duties on aluminum and steel. Retaliatory tariffs for Trump’s intellectual property theft actions could follow, Xinhua hinted. China has “yet to unsheathe its sword” in that area, the news agency reported. The Trump administration’s list of tariffed products is due on April 6."

La Pasionaria
Member Avatar

peewee
Apr 5 2018, 11:05 AM
clone
PATruth
Katoblue
PATruth

Ha, Ha, Ha,....Ha!

Friday April 6, 2018

DJIA 23,932.76 -572.46 (-2.34%)

NASDAQ 6,915.11081 -161.44079 (-2.28%)

S&P 500 2,604.47 -58.37 (-2.19%)

NYSE 12,349.1117 -222.8283 (-1.77%)

NYSE American 2,486.7642 -42.0734 (-1.66%)

Russell 2000 EOD 1,513.29677 -29.63051 (-1.92%)

Dow Utilities 691.59 -4.84 (-0.69%)

Just when you were popping the cork on your champagne Trump sent the market off the rails again!

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

peewee

clone
Apr 4 2018, 03:48 PM
peewee
Robert Stout
La Pasionaria
Robert Stout

LOL....

LINK
Another 400+ points for the week ending 4/13. Where oh where is all of this trending? Even after an attack on Syria the market could not be denied.

estonianman
Member Avatar

Our local sharia blue rep has no clue how the stock market works.
Communism sounds good on paper unless you are reading a history book

La Pasionaria
Member Avatar

estonianman
Apr 15 2018, 01:07 PM
Our local sharia blue rep has no clue how the stock market works.
Laughable and it appears that you have no idea as to how to analyze the markets by looking at and studying charts.

All three of the major averages have broken to the downside five times since the market rolled over at the end of January and all are just barely now above their moving averages.

lastly the volume on up days is generally lower than on down days which means the smart money has been net sellers not buyers.

Oh and one more tip for all the Trumpian novitiates on this message board, invest with your heart and political fantasies as your guide and prepare to lose your shirt. You'd be better off investing in Lottery scratch offs!

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :box:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Op EDITORIALS: personal & political governance · Next Topic »
Add Reply