Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Perspectives. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
On Earth Day, Trump Gives Giant Pro-Capitalism 'Middle Finger' to Entire Planet
Topic Started: Apr 22 2018, 07:02 PM (128 Views)
_g R_
Member Avatar

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2018/04/22/earth-day-trump-gives-giant-pro-capitalism-middle-finger-entire-planet
" When we amplify everything ,we hear nothing."
Jon Stewart
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

_g R_
Member Avatar

Posted Image
Jon Stewart

Coast2coast

That idiot in the White House could not pick out the Earth if he was looking at a globe.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PATruth
Member Avatar

A "market-based economy" was essential to protecting natural resources and also reaffirmed his commitment to "removing unnecessary and harmful regulations that restrain economic growth."

Trump is correct. The free market has been working and investing big time to improve renewable technology. The government isn't capable of such an enormous task. As an environmentalist I'm very encourage at the progress and the direction the free market is taking the energy industry.
Texas Produces Double The Renewable Power As California At Almost Half The Price

_g R_
Member Avatar

PATruth
Apr 22 2018, 07:22 PM
A "market-based economy" was essential to protecting natural resources and also reaffirmed his commitment to "removing unnecessary and harmful regulations that restrain economic growth."

Trump is correct. The free market has been working and investing big time to improve renewable technology. The government isn't capable of such an enormous task. As an environmentalist I'm very encourage at the progress and the direction the free market is taking the energy industry.
So you are saying that Donald Trump is a good economist ?
Should I waste the next hour proving you wrong or will you take my word for it right now ?
No he isn't.
Edited by _g R_, Apr 22 2018, 07:31 PM.
Jon Stewart

PATruth
Member Avatar

_g R_
Apr 22 2018, 07:30 PM
PATruth

Should I waste the next hour proving you wrong or will you take my word for it right now ?
No he isn't.
Trump is a businessman, not an economist but that doesn't mean he doesn't understand the importance of the free market in developing and implementing green energy technologies. Working WITH the free market, not AGAINST the private sector will produce the best results.
Texas Produces Double The Renewable Power As California At Almost Half The Price

_g R_
Member Avatar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU2p6YakNJg&t=4s
Jon Stewart

peewee

_g R_
PATruth

No he isn't.
Most past presidents were not economists. That is why they have advisors. Is this going to be the second time today that I have to school you?

Here goes, make notes because a quiz may follow. This is an economic dream team and you should be happy to have them.

Harold Hamm, a self-made oil billionaire who was a top energy adviser to Mitt Romney's 2012 presidential campaign.

Dan DiMicco, a former chief executive of steelmaker Nucor.

Steven Mnuchin, Trump's national finance director, who is chairman and chief executive of the hedge fund Dune Capital Management.

Steve Roth, founder and chief executive of Vornado Realty Trust.

Hedge fund billionaire John Paulson.

Howard Lorber, chief executive of the Vector Group.

Real estate investor Tom Barrack.

Bankers Stephen M. Calk and Andy Beal.

Financier Steve Feinberg.

Peter Navarro of the University of California at Irvine, who focuses on trade with China, and who three times ran unsuccessfully for public office in San Diego. And before you can formulate a smart wise crack in your mind Abraham Lincoln lost 4 elections before being elected. President.

The leading tax expert is Stephen Moore, who founded the Club for Growth and was a longtime columnist for the Wall Street Journal.

There's a former U.S. Senate candidate, David Malpass, who served in the Reagan and George H.W. Bush administrations.
Edited by peewee, Apr 22 2018, 08:04 PM.

_g R_
Member Avatar

peewee
Apr 22 2018, 07:59 PM
As an environmentalist I'm very encourage at the progress and the direction the free market is taking the energy industry.

So Trump gutting the EPA is a 'good' thing
? Even Nixon knew you were wrong 40 years ago
. :shakeshead:
Jon Stewart

PATruth
Member Avatar

_g R_
Apr 22 2018, 08:11 PM
peewee
As an environmentalist I'm very encourage at the progress and the direction the free market is taking the energy industry.

I could care less about the EPA, the real work is being done by corporations competing to develop the best technology.

Robert Stout
Member Avatar

Rich liberals can pick up the slack by stop flying private jets, maintaining multiple homes, and cruising in private yachts...Judge a tree by its fruits...Words mean nothing........... :nana:
Jesus can raise the dead, but he can't fix stupid

Dr. B
Member Avatar
Member since 2004
Environmentalists complain about pollution but have no solution. California has the highest number of environmentalists, and it also has some of the highest pollution, because Leftists want to tax people for driving cars, and that's it. What are we supposed to do? There's no mass transit. There's billions spent on high speed trains to no where, and no mass transit system. We pass bill after bill for green energy solutions, and it gets handed over to General Electric so they can perform a "study," and nothing comes of it. It's all a scam. It's all higher taxes to pay to the rich.

Also, marijuana users are the biggest danger to the environement of all.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2017/11/02/marijuana-farming-environment/
#BringWilmyBack

Right-Wing
Member Avatar

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/42711922/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/earth-day-co-founder-killed-composted-girlfriend/#.Wt03oS5uaUn
Donald Trump is Barack Obama's President!

PATruth
Member Avatar

Right-Wing
Apr 22 2018, 09:32 PM
Ira Einhorn was on stage hosting the first Earth Day event at the Fairmount Park in Philadelphia on April 22, 1970. Seven years later, police raided his closet and found the "composted" body of his ex-girlfriend inside a trunk.'

Composting is good for the environment...

Robert Stout
Member Avatar

PATruth
Apr 22 2018, 09:36 PM
Right-Wing
Apr 22 2018, 09:32 PM
Ira Einhorn was on stage hosting the first Earth Day event at the Fairmount Park in Philadelphia on April 22, 1970. Seven years later, police raided his closet and found the "composted" body of his ex-girlfriend inside a trunk.'

Composting is good for the environment...
Einhorn has a common personality characteristic among environmentalists----blame the government.......... :oyvey
Jesus can raise the dead, but he can't fix stupid

Drudge X
Member Avatar

How many people died of malaria because of Gaylord Nelson's bill banning DDT?
Cancel your cable television subscription and stop supporting the leftist leaning propaganda.

lucash
Member Avatar
#NeverTrump
PATruth
Apr 22 2018, 07:35 PM
_g R_
PATruth

No he isn't.
Trump is a businessman, not an economist but that doesn't mean he doesn't understand the importance of the free market in developing and implementing green energy technologies. Working WITH the free market, not AGAINST the private sector will produce the best results.
As long as "working with" it doesn't mean bending over and getting screwed because of a company's for profit nature. If companies are checked so they don't abuse this...friendship, so to speak, then great.
"...a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is detrimental...having lost the will..to demand...good?" - Rachel Carson

_g R_
Member Avatar

PATruth
Apr 22 2018, 08:18 PM
_g R_
Apr 22 2018, 08:11 PM
peewee

I could care less about the EPA, the real work is being done by corporations competing to develop the best technology.
Trump Rolls Back Post-Deepwater Horizon Offshore Safety Regulations

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-rolls-back-post-deepwater-horizon-offshore-safety-regulations

Posted Image
Jon Stewart

W A Mozart
Member Avatar

_g R_
Apr 22 2018, 07:02 PM
Common Dreams...? Right. Sure.

He was giving the finger to liberals, ...l-i-b-e-r-a-l-s....... :)

Mozart

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · UnitedStates.com DOMESTIC U.S. news · Next Topic »
Add Reply