Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Perspectives. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ford will stop selling most of its cars in North America
Topic Started: Apr 26 2018, 05:59 AM (2,501 Views)
RaiderNation
Member Avatar

If there was any doubt that the auto industry is rapidly changing, Ford just delivered proof. The industry pioneer is scaling back its North American small car lineup in North America to just two vehicles, the Mustang and the unrevealed Focus Active crossover, in the "next few years." The rest of its range will be limited to SUVs, trucks and commercial vehicles. Ford isn't shy about its reasons: "declining consumer demand and product profitability" make it impractical to develop other sedans. You'd better act quickly if you've been looking at a brand new Fusion or Taurus.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/ford-stop-selling-most-cars-235400380.html

=================================================================================
CC Edit for 25% rule.

D
Edited by Demagogue, Apr 26 2018, 08:34 AM.
Will Munny: "Deserve's got nothin' to do with it..."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Demagogue
Member Avatar
Administrator
I like the current Taurus. With that said, all of my vehicles are SUVs or trucks. I can't really blame them if they can meet CAFE without using a small sedan. So, I can see getting rid of them here.

As I said, I like the Taurus. I have thought about buying one but never pulled the trigger. I have rented one on a couple occasions for work. I think the Taurus is superior to the Chrysler 300 and Chevy Impala. I don't know that there is an equal to those vehicles in the import line up when it comes to size.

Living in Florida I especially like the air conditioned seats. Those are awesome when it is 95 outside.

I bet that they keep the production on the Taurus going for a number of years even if it is just to supply police forces with cruisers.
Edited by Demagogue, Apr 26 2018, 09:53 AM.
People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would do them harm.

thoughtless
Member Avatar

The wife an I have owned one sedan in the last 30 years, which happened to be a '94 Ford Taurus.

It would have been a great car if it had had a decent transmission, which was as reliable as a drunk on New Year's Eve.

We've owned trucks, vans, SUVs, and crossovers, but no sedans to speak of.
Without geometry, life is pointless.

Harambe4Trump
Member Avatar

I have a seven year old Ford Car which I bought new. I have been pleased with it and intended to keep it another 50,000 miles. Ford just decided I should buy Japanese.
Heavan has strict immigration policies. Hell has open borders.
#MAGA
#wallsnotwars

Demagogue
Member Avatar
Administrator
Harambe4Trump
Apr 26 2018, 11:40 AM
I have a seven year old Ford Car which I bought new. I have been pleased with it and intended to keep it another 50,000 miles. Ford just decided I should buy Japanese.
That or you could probably get one hell of a deal on some of the last remaining ones as they are discontinued.

In the end though, you should get the vehicle that you like the most.
Edited by Demagogue, Apr 26 2018, 12:36 PM.
People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would do them harm.

Harambe4Trump
Member Avatar

Demagogue
Apr 26 2018, 12:35 PM
Harambe4Trump
Apr 26 2018, 11:40 AM
That or you could probably get one hell of a deal on some of the last remaining ones as they are discontinued.

In the end though, you should get the vehicle that you like the most.
The Ford car I purchased was the one I liked best. I am baffled by this decision. The popularity of cars and trucks is cyclical based on the price of oil. If some shortage occurs as it did the late 2000’s, Ford will go under.

Honda hasn’t stopped selling SUVs.
#MAGA
#wallsnotwars

RaiderNation
Member Avatar

LOL @ "Ford will go under". Not in a million years. Sheesh.

Harambe4Trump
Member Avatar

RaiderNation
Apr 26 2018, 05:39 PM
Yeah, that’s what GM and Chrysler thought.

This is why people buy Japanese cars.
#MAGA
#wallsnotwars

Harambe4Trump
Member Avatar

Ford wasn’t broken. It was the only domestic to escape bankruptcy- the Fusion and Focus were on par with the Carolla and Camry.

They just pissed it all down the toilet.
#MAGA
#wallsnotwars

RaiderNation
Member Avatar

Harambe4Trump
Apr 26 2018, 05:41 PM
RaiderNation
You mean the GM and Chrysler that are still alive and kicking? Them?

Harambe4Trump
Member Avatar

RaiderNation
Apr 26 2018, 05:54 PM
Harambe4Trump
RaiderNation

The GM and Chrysler which couldn’t stand on their own two feet?

Absolutely.

Detroit is one gas crunch away from disappearing
#MAGA
#wallsnotwars

RaiderNation
Member Avatar

You are delusional my friend.

Drudge X
Member Avatar

I thought Chrysler is a Italian company now. Chrysler would have died long ago if left alone. Mercedes made a huge mistake.
Democrats 2020 platform: free s**t, open border, standing up for China, embrace MS 13

RaiderNation
Member Avatar

Drudge X
Apr 27 2018, 01:06 AM
I thought Chrysler is a Italian company now. Chrysler would have died long ago if left alone. Mercedes made a huge mistake.
They are MBZ no longer. They're now FCA - Fiat Chrysler Automobiles - and have caught and passed GM in profitability as of yesterday. https://www.ft.com/content/bac832e8-495b-11e8-8ee8-cae73aab7ccb

Demagogue
Member Avatar
Administrator
Harambe4Trump
Apr 26 2018, 06:13 PM
RaiderNation
Harambe4Trump
RaiderNation

Absolutely.

You don't seem to be understanding that Ford plans to meet the CAFE requirements. They just plan to do it with vehicles that are not cars.

They plan on selling one small car for the folks that want one of those but where before someone would have shopped for a Fusion as a mid sized car they will have a mid sized "crossover" which in reality you can think of as a tall car. Think of something along the lines of the Accord Crosstour. It will not technically be a sedan or hatchback car but will fill that roll in their line up.

Harambe4Trump
Member Avatar

Demagogue
Apr 27 2018, 08:36 AM
Harambe4Trump
Apr 26 2018, 06:13 PM
RaiderNation
Harambe4Trump
RaiderNation

Absolutely.

You don't seem to be understanding that Ford plans to meet the CAFE requirements. They just plan to do it with vehicles that are not cars.

They plan on selling one small car for the folks that want one of those but where before someone would have shopped for a Fusion as a mid sized car they will have a mid sized "crossover" which in reality you can think of as a tall car. Think of something along the lines of the Accord Crosstour. It will not technically be a sedan or hatchback car but will fill that roll in their line up.
In reality, they just told loyal, formerly Fusion and Focus customers to buy a Honda.

That message has been received.

SUVS, and yes, crossovers, are bulky, inefficient, more expensive, and less practical than Sedans.
Edited by Harambe4Trump, Apr 27 2018, 04:30 PM.
#MAGA
#wallsnotwars

estonianman
Member Avatar

The FX50 line of trucks has always been the only profitable line within ford.

Thanks to government emission laws.
MEEK AND MILD

edro14

Harambe4Trump
RaiderNation

Actually GM is doing very well these days. few recalls...good value for the dollar.

Chrysler is also faring well...as is Dodge, with both their cars and their trucks. I personally own a Dodge truck....very nice truck. I have drive the Charger and the Challenger...prefer the Challenger.....but those HEMIs have so go power you can't resist but get on the power modes. Few recalls....get value for the buck.

Toyota has more recalls of all.

Harambe4Trump
Member Avatar

edro14
Apr 29 2018, 09:38 AM
Harambe4Trump
RaiderNation

Actually GM is doing very well these days. few recalls...good value for the dollar.

Chrysler is also faring well...as is Dodge, with both their cars and their trucks. I personally own a Dodge truck....very nice truck. I have drive the Charger and the Challenger...prefer the Challenger.....but those HEMIs have so go power you can't resist but get on the power modes. Few recalls....get value for the buck.

Toyota has more recalls of all.

Dodge discontinued the Dart.

Honda still sells the Civic.

Nuff said.
#MAGA
#wallsnotwars

MAGA

Harambe4Trump
RaiderNation

Yep!

Toyotas and Honda are more American than Fords and I hate to say it better engineered cars. Japanese cars are the best followed closely by American and Korean IMO.
Perspectives' server is located in Panama City Panama and not subject to US search warrants. https://who.is/whois/perspectives.com No owner listed. See for yourself.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Automotive · Next Topic »
Add Reply