Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Perspectives. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Trump pledges to help Chinese phonemaker ZTE ‘get back into business’
Topic Started: May 13 2018, 06:31 PM (523 Views)
George Aligator
Member Avatar

resident Trump pledged on Sunday to help Chinese telecom giant ZTE return to business, days after the company said it would cease “major operating activities” because of the U.S. government’s recent trade restrictions, a dramatic shift in tone for a president who has long accused China of stealing U.S. jobs.

“President Xi of China, and I, are working together to give massive Chinese phone company, ZTE, a way to get back into business, fast,” Trump tweeted. “Too many jobs in China lost. Commerce Department has been instructed to get it done!”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2018/05/13/trump-pledges-to-help-chinese-phone-maker-zte-get-back-into-business/?utm_term=.a324fca1ad51
Conservatism is a social disease
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tsalagi
Member Avatar

So we're pledging US assets and capabilities to get a non-American company back in the black, and yet oh no, Trump is no globalist..isn't that what I'm told?

clone
Member Avatar
Director @ Center for Advanced Memetic Warfare
Seriously?

You people can'i see what's going on here ....fark me this is one of the most transparent of Trump's 3d chess moves....

:oyvey
Barack Obama - the first president impeached out of office. Another milestone!

70-101
Member Avatar

One of Trump's campaign contributors must have a financial interest in this. :rollseyes:
“U bum. ... Going to White House was a great honor until you showed up!" - LeBron James, addressing Trump directly in a tweet.

Robert Stout
Member Avatar

70-101
May 14 2018, 12:47 AM
One of Trump's campaign contributors must have a financial interest in this. :rollseyes:
China can make those computers for Japan............... :popcorn:
Jesus can raise the dead, but he can't fix stupid

ringotuna
Member Avatar

clone
May 13 2018, 11:44 PM
Seriously?

You people can'i see what's going on here ....fark me this is one of the most transparent of Trump's 3d chess moves....

:oyvey
It's right there in the headline.
Ringoism: Never underestimate the advantages of being underestimated.

BuckFan

So the real issue, as the Trump administration has said, is Chinese theft of American intellectual property. ZTE represents those in China who steal American IP. Trump now is worried about hurting them. So much for his tough talk.

He hurts our allies and helps our opponents ... more Winning

Opinionated
Member Avatar

I don't think Trump has a plan of any kind. I think he just kind of wanders around and says and does things at the spur of the moment, without any real thought or consideration as to the long term impact or the probable consequences.

Frankly, we'd probably be better off with a Magic 8-Ball for President.

PATruth
Member Avatar

Opinionated
May 14 2018, 10:43 AM
I don't think Trump has a plan of any kind. I think he just kind of wanders around and says and does things at the spur of the moment, without any real thought or consideration as to the long term impact or the probable consequences.

Trump's plan is rather clear, protect our borders and evict the 11 million illiterate uninvited peasants, rebuild America's defense, renegotiate the bad trade policies signed by previous administrations and adopt pro-business policies that will lead to economic growth.

It's decidedly pro-American, therefore utterly despised by the progressive American left.

Questions?
Texas Produces Double The Renewable Power As California At Almost Half The Price

Opinionated
Member Avatar

PATruth
May 14 2018, 10:49 AM
Opinionated

Trump's plan is rather clear, protect our borders and evict the 11 million illiterate uninvited peasants, rebuild America's defense, renegotiate the bad trade policies signed by previous administrations and adopt pro-business policies that will lead to economic growth.

It's decidedly pro-American, therefore utterly despised by the progressive American left.

Questions?
No, I get that he's a xenophobe and like many conservatives wants to blame all our troubles on the "foreigners" among us. My major concern is that, other then the fact that I don't like seeing people singled out because of the color of their skin and that's what most of Trump's "illegal alien" strategy appears to be, when he finishes "building a wall", he'll need a new enemy to rally the base with and will turn on liberals and Democrats.

Tsalagi
Member Avatar

PATruth
Opinionated

Questions?
Rebuild our defenses? For what? 14 years of war in Iraq and Afghanistan isn't enough? You're also not going to get that 11, actually possibly up to 20 million illegals, the sheer financial problem in paying for the process and removal would eat up the DoD budget alone. You also are always stipulating that every illegal is an illiterate peasant, so I'm wondering how you know the educational level of millions of non-Americans?

PATruth
Member Avatar

Opinionated
May 14 2018, 10:53 AM
PATruth
Opinionated

Questions?
No, I get that he's a xenophobe and like many conservatives wants to blame all our troubles on the "foreigners" among us. My major concern is that, other then the fact that I don't like seeing people singled out because of the color of their skin and that's what most of Trump's "illegal alien" strategy appears to be, when he finishes "building a wall", he'll need a new enemy to rally the base with and will turn on liberals and Democrats.

I don't blame America's woes on the millions of illiterate illegal peasants that have infiltrated our borders. Most came to work, others for free healthcare, free education and a government handout. I blame our problems on the regressive American left. If it's broke, bankrupt and failing it's most likely controlled by or created by liberal policies.
Edited by PATruth, May 14 2018, 10:59 AM.
Texas Produces Double The Renewable Power As California At Almost Half The Price

Opinionated
Member Avatar

PATruth
May 14 2018, 10:59 AM
Opinionated
PATruth
Opinionated

Questions?

I don't blame America's woes on the millions of illiterate illegal peasants that have infiltrated our borders. Most came to work, others for free healthcare, free education and a government handout. I blame our problems on the regressive American left. If it's broke, bankrupt and failing it's most likely controlled by or created by liberal policies.
You mean like Kansas?

Opinionated
Member Avatar

Tell you what PA, how about we compare the top three states controlled by Democrats to the top three states controlled by Republicans and compare GDP, wages, and overall economic health?

PATruth
Member Avatar

Opinionated
May 14 2018, 11:12 AM
Tell you what PA, how about we compare the top three states controlled by Democrats to the top three states controlled by Republicans and compare GDP, wages, and overall economic health?
Face it, liberalism's biggest accomplishments are bankrupt entitlement programs, failing education, a massive welfare state, high taxes and massive debt. That IS you legacy

jake58

70-101
May 14 2018, 12:47 AM
You should stick to predicting election results. You're way better at that than understanding the news.
Snopes CEO embezzles from company, divorces wife to marry prostitute: Mostly true

jake58

Opinionated
So you think Illinois, NY, NJ and Cali are economically healthy? Funny stuff there...
Edited by jake58, May 14 2018, 11:28 AM.
Snopes CEO embezzles from company, divorces wife to marry prostitute: Mostly true

Harambe4Trump
Member Avatar

Opinionated
PATruth
Opinionated

Questions?

Xenophobia is the greatest virtue to which a people may aspire.
You were spared by Thanos.
#MAGA
#wallsnotwars

Opinionated
Member Avatar

PATruth
May 14 2018, 11:25 AM
Opinionated
Face it, liberalism's biggest accomplishments are bankrupt entitlement programs, failing education, a massive welfare state, high taxes and massive debt. That IS you legacy
I see you didn't take me up on the challenge.

I think we all know why.

Opinionated
Member Avatar

jake58
May 14 2018, 11:27 AM
Opinionated
So you think Illinois, NY, NJ and Cali are economically healthy? Funny stuff there...
You think Texas, Alabama, and Georgia are? :rotflmao:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · UnitedStates.com DOMESTIC U.S. news · Next Topic »
Add Reply