Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Perspectives. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Nevada police find wrecked $300,000 McLaren supercar in the desert, but no one with it
Topic Started: May 15 2018, 03:05 PM (38 Views)
RaiderNation
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Police say seatbelts saved the lives of two people who crashed their $300,000 supercar in the Nevada desert, but the vehicle’s engineers deserve a fair share of the credit.

The Nevada Highway Patrol found the totaled McLaren 720 about 70 yards off a road near Lake Mead last week, with damage suggesting that it had rolled at least once as it just missed falling down a ravine.

This is whats left of a McLaren Exotic Sports Car after a rollover in the Lake Mead Recreational Area today. Both the driver and passenger escaped serious injury because they were wearing their seatbelts. Seatbelts save lives! #buckleup #drivesafenv #nhpsocomm pic.twitter.com/2eVv3Doz4N

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2018/05/15/nevada-police-find-wrecked-300000-mclaren-supercar-in-desert-but-no-one-with-it.html
Will Munny: "Deserve's got nothin' to do with it..."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Inquisitor
Member Avatar

If I wrecked my $300,000 Supercar I'd curse the seatbelts for saving my life....
Warning....Leftist's Post Here....Take Precautions

peewee

The luxury car and its owners were participating in an exotic car rally where owners of exotic super-cars travel across the country and host parties at stops on the journey.

A driver of a Lamborghini taking part in the event spoke with the passengers of the McLaren after the accident and confirmed that they are okay.

The McLaren 720 is one of the fastest sports cars in the world, reaching a top speed of 212 miles per hour (mph). According to police, neither the passenger or the driver was seriously injured. They weren’t there when the car was discovered, however. After searching the area, police found out that they had gotten themselves to a nearby hospital to be treated for scrapes and bruises.
Edited by peewee, May 16 2018, 09:31 AM.

peewee

More photos and more details

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5731775/McLaren-supercar-worth-300-000-left-abandoned-Nevada-desert-rollover-crash.html

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Automotive · Next Topic »
Add Reply