Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Perspectives. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Need a job? These Midwest towns will pay you to relocate
Topic Started: May 15 2018, 11:45 PM (88 Views)
The Inquisitor
Member Avatar

An unusual unemployment crisis in the Midwest has reached such unprecedented levels that some counties have resorted to luring in college graduates by offering financial incentives, like free land or partially-paid rent in hopes of filling vacant job openings. The U.S. labor market is at the tightest it’s been in nearly two decades, with the national unemployment rate falling to a 17-year-low of 3.9% in April.

www.foxbusiness.com/markets/need-a-job-these-midwest-towns-will-pay-you-to-relocate
Warning....Leftist's Post Here....Take Precautions
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Inquisitor
Member Avatar

North Platte, Nebraska began offering prospective employers $10,000 to relocate; Hamilton, Ohio is offering a payment of $5,000 to help with student loans; St. Clair County, Michigan recently raised its student-loan scholarships from $10,000 to $15,000 for students willing to relocate; and Marne, Iowa has a free-lots program that gifts newcomers a free piece of land to build a home on.

Mr. Tik
Member Avatar

fixed yer link for ya

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/need-a-job-these-midwest-towns-will-pay-you-to-relocate
You may be a conservative republican..if you are pro life until you get your mistress knocked up

The Inquisitor
Member Avatar

Mr. Tik
May 15 2018, 11:47 PM
:cheers:

Tsalagi
Member Avatar

Don't know why they have to move people, Rosebud Indian Reservation is just north of North Platte, just move the jobs a little bit north so the residents can get to them. As for Marne, Iowa, Gods, it's fewer then 120 people....in the middle of nowhere, why on earth would I want to move there? I got nowhere where I can live now, and it's prettier, and not so flat.
Edited by Tsalagi, May 16 2018, 09:22 AM.

PATruth
Member Avatar

In Pittsburgh I heard a steel company running job advertisements on the radio, $27/hour, full healthcare and pension! I NEVER thought that would happen again. The Trump economy has exceeded all expectations!
Texas Produces Double The Renewable Power As California At Almost Half The Price

Tsalagi
Member Avatar

PATruth
May 16 2018, 09:33 AM
In Pittsburgh I heard a steel company running job advertisements on the radio, $27/hour, full healthcare and pension! I NEVER thought that would happen again. The Trump economy has exceeded all expectations!
Steel like coal jobs can sometimes be on shaky ground there PA...one day you're bringing home the bacon, next, you're laid off with nothing.

Right-Wing
Member Avatar

Tsalagi
May 16 2018, 12:38 PM
PATruth
May 16 2018, 09:33 AM
Steel like coal jobs can sometimes be on shaky ground there PA...one day you're bringing home the bacon, next, you're laid off with nothing.
Tsal prefers the comfort and security of a guaranteed job provided by the government...because he's a traditional Conservative of course.
Donald Trump is Barack Obama's President!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Op EDITORIALS: personal & political governance · Next Topic »
Add Reply