Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Perspectives. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Microsoft Office 365 - Publisher won't convert to PDF
Topic Started: May 31 2018, 09:38 AM (974 Views)
dcbl
Member Avatar
Good guys wear white hats
the online solution on microsoft help does not work

anyone else seen this or have a solution?

their USA help number has usually been easy to get someone; but the hold time is super long right now, probably because they have a flood of calls on this issue (specifically the publisher help desk)

I plan to call them back this afternoon when I can put them on hold in the background while I do other stuff - just thought it would be worth asking here...
Republicans sign checks on the front, democrats sign them on the back…True story!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Demagogue
Member Avatar
Administrator
You can't just print to PDF?

I don't do much in publisher so I can't say that I have seen your issue.
People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would do them harm.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dcbl
Member Avatar
Demagogue
May 31 2018, 10:09 AM

that worked!

:bow:

if my graphic artist tells me this saved hi rez enough for my printer, I am all set

many thanks - I owe you at least a beer

:cheers:

I will still have to call support, but this allows me to delay that for a few weeks, forever if this will print at 300 DPI

thanks again
Republicans sign checks on the front, democrats sign them on the back…True story!

clone
Member Avatar
Director @ Center for Advanced Memetic Warfare
dcbl
May 31 2018, 10:29 AM
Demagogue

that worked!

if my graphic artist tells me this saved hi rez enough for my printer, I am all set

I will still have to call support, but this allows me to delay that for a few weeks, forever if this will print at 300 DPI

thanks again
I literally bought MS Office suite a few years ago because someone sent me a .pub file and I couldn't find a work around to open and edit it....

Been paying monthly for Office ever since ....you reminded me to cancel my subscription...

thank you... :cheers:

Political Correctness is the war on noticing things that are obvious and true.

dcbl
Member Avatar
clone
May 31 2018, 11:06 AM
dcbl
Demagogue

that worked!

thanks again
I literally bought MS Office suite a few years ago because someone sent me a .pub file and I couldn't find a work around to open and edit it....

Been paying monthly for Office ever since ....you reminded me to cancel my subscription...

You don't need excel?

Or Word?

And you save 20% by paying yearly

The suite is $99 a year with publisher and $69 a year without publisher

I'd pay the $70 a year just to not have to deal with some second rate spreadsheet program...

Demagogue
Member Avatar
Administrator
dcbl
Demagogue

that worked!

thanks again
I don't know if Microsoft Print to PDF has adjustments for DPI but Cute PDF Writer does. There is a free version of Cute PDF that does allow you to set the DPI and I know personally that it will go to 600dpi just fine and has settings for up to 4000dpi.

Of course if you own AdobePDF then it will import the publisher files and you can do anything with it.

There is a paid version of CutePDF that does more than just print to PDF. It is pretty cheap too, $50 I think. So if you don't own AdobePDF but want to be able to create and edit PDFs that is an option.
Edited by Demagogue, May 31 2018, 01:44 PM.
People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would do them harm.

dcbl
Member Avatar
Demagogue
May 31 2018, 01:43 PM
dcbl
Demagogue

that worked!

thanks again
I don't know if Microsoft Print to PDF has adjustments for DPI but Cute PDF Writer does. There is a free version of Cute PDF that does allow you to set the DPI and I know personally that it will go to 600dpi just fine and has settings for up to 4000dpi.

Of course if you own AdobePDF then it will import the publisher files and you can do anything with it.

There is a paid version of CutePDF that does more than just print to PDF. It is pretty cheap too, $50 I think. So if you don't own AdobePDF but want to be able to create and edit PDFs that is an option.
Cute PDF was the top link when I did a google search for a solution (before I asked here)

and I can handle $50

I will check it out - thanks again!

clone
Member Avatar
Director @ Center for Advanced Memetic Warfare
dcbl
May 31 2018, 11:44 AM
clone
May 31 2018, 11:06 AM
dcbl
Demagogue

that worked!

thanks again

You don't need excel?

Or Word?

And you save 20% by paying yearly

The suite is $99 a year with publisher and $69 a year without publisher

I'd pay the $70 a year just to not have to deal with some second rate spreadsheet program...
I was using open office for a lot of years....actually preferred the UI and there were some subtle features that at the time Word didn't have or they weren't intuitive enough for me to quickly find them...

The spreadsheet part of Open Office was more than robust enough for our needs...and I was more used to that as well....

Again it's not a large dollar amount but never use it and I hate being prompted to sign into an MS account when wanting to save something etc....

Leave me alone Microsoft....if I wanted to use my MS account I would....if I wanted to save something to Onedrive I would....I used outlook for a bit during dialup days and not once since....

We have our own custom in house biz management system very similar to bizggro...

We use Demio for webinars

Everlesson and Kyvio for our online education divisions and memberships

Kartra for sales funnels and PayKickStart for shopping carts

MailIt and AWS for email and autoresponders

Tableu and a few custom tools for data management

and few others I prefer not to mention for social media management and soon our own social media platforms....

Edited by clone, May 31 2018, 02:21 PM.
Political Correctness is the war on noticing things that are obvious and true.

Demagogue
Member Avatar
Administrator
dcbl
May 31 2018, 01:55 PM
Demagogue
May 31 2018, 01:43 PM
dcbl
Demagogue

that worked!

thanks again

Cute PDF was the top link when I did a google search for a solution (before I asked here)

and I can handle $50

I will check it out - thanks again!
If you just need to print to PDF then you can use the free Cute PDF. The $50 package is the full suite for making PDF's and editing existing PDFs.

Prior to Microsoft giving everyone Print to PDF in windows 10 Cute PDF was by far the best, low cost (or no cost for just printing to pdf) solution to printing a pdf or creating one.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Computers and Telecom · Next Topic »
Add Reply