Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Perspectives. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The NBA, and not the NFL, is the league of America's future
Topic Started: Jun 7 2018, 05:54 AM (761 Views)
jazzyjeff

Although football remains our most popular professional sport, that popularity has been declining over the past five years, from 67% saying they were fans in 2012, to 57% in 2017. Professional baseball has also fallen 2% during that time. However, professional basketball has risen 3%.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/dec/12/nba-surpassed-nfl-league-of-americas-future-kareem-abdul-jabbar
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jazzyjeff

This is an opinion piece of course. But with all the problems facing the NFL moving forward, if any sports league will over take it, what will it be?

PATruth
Member Avatar

The NBA is OK during the playoffs but it's boring as hell during the regular season. Personally I used to be a big fan but I completely quit watching, even during the playoffs. I'm now a hockey fan, it has the best action, the best quality of players and the most exciting playoffs. NFL games have become one long commercial with an occasional football break. Throw in the kneeling crap and they are losing me as well. You have to be a purist to love baseball, it's slower and more boring than sloth sex. TO each his own...
"No. No he won't. We'll stop it."

jazzyjeff

PATruth
Jun 7 2018, 12:32 PM
The NBA is OK during the playoffs but it's boring as hell during the regular season. Personally I used to be a big fan but I completely quit watching, even during the playoffs. I'm now a hockey fan, it has the best action, the best quality of players and the most exciting playoffs. NFL games have become one long commercial with an occasional football break. Throw in the kneeling crap and they are losing me as well. You have to be a purist to love baseball, it's slower and more boring than sloth sex. TO each his own...
Not sure where your coming from when you say Hockey has the best quality of players. You mean the NHL over the other hockey leagues?
One big reason why Hockey will never emerge to the top is due to limited accessibility for Americas youth to play. Not enough facilities for youth programs and HS programs, and fairly expensive to play. But yes it is a great game.
I am a so called "You Can Play Ambassador" and have quite a few friends in the business. A lot of class comes out of the NHL.

PATruth
Member Avatar

jazzyjeff
Jun 7 2018, 05:16 PM
PATruth
Jun 7 2018, 12:32 PM
Not sure where your coming from when you say Hockey has the best quality of players. You mean the NHL over the other hockey leagues?
One big reason why Hockey will never emerge to the top is due to limited accessibility for Americas youth to play. Not enough facilities for youth programs and HS programs, and fairly expensive to play. But yes it is a great game.
I am a so called "You Can Play Ambassador" and have quite a few friends in the business. A lot of class comes out of the NHL.
The NHL attracts the best players in the world, it's an international league. In addition you rarely hear NHL players getting in trouble, beating their wives., drugs...they are usually great role models and citizens. You are correct, hockey is so expensive, the ice time, the equipment and the travel puts it our of reach for most families. Watching the Knights/Caps game, pulling for Vegas.

Katoblue
Member Avatar

nothing beats Football.. I hate the squeaky shoes in Basketball.. drives me nuts.. and it is so boring.. naa Football will stay the leader.. even with their challenges..

but if the players of any sport keeps forcing politics into the games they all will lose fans.. NBA, NFL, all of them..

Killary, DNC, Obummer's DOJ and FBI all Lied and Spied and Good People Died!

Robertr2000
Member Avatar

Professional sports need to be stopped.
"if that **** wins we'll all hang from nooses"

RaiderNation
Member Avatar

Good luck with that.
Will Munny: "Deserve's got nothin' to do with it..."

Harambe4Trump
Member Avatar

MLB
You were spared by Thanos.
#MAGA
#wallsnotwars

PATruth
Member Avatar

Robertr2000
Jun 13 2018, 08:36 AM
I don't agree with that, let the free market rule. We do however need to stop subsidizing billionaire owners and millionaire players.

Who wants to give taxpayer dollars to "the wealthiest?"

Robertr2000
Member Avatar

PATruth
Jun 15 2018, 01:56 PM
Robertr2000
Jun 13 2018, 08:36 AM
I don't agree with that, let the free market rule. We do however need to stop subsidizing billionaire owners and millionaire players.

Who wants to give taxpayer dollars to "the wealthiest?"
Oh I agree.

Posted Image
"if that **** wins we'll all hang from nooses"

_g R_
Member Avatar

Katoblue
Jun 8 2018, 01:02 AM
nothing beats Football.. I hate the squeaky shoes in Basketball.. drives me nuts.. and it is so boring.. naa Football will stay the leader.. even with their challenges..

but if the players of any sport keeps forcing politics into the games they all will lose fans.. NBA, NFL, all of them..

Well, our government pays the leagues ( including NASCAR) to endorse the US military, but aside from that, I believe you're right that in this country at least football will always bring the best ratings of the big three. And even though the NBA and MLB have much longer seasons and generate more overall revenue, the NFL will still be the most popular sport here.

The NBA has some peak moments though when superstars like Michael Jordan and LeBron James come along. Jordan was the trillion dollar man for the NBA...until he came along the Bulls arena was always half empty--after MJ, it was sold out every night, and around the other cities wherever Chicago played.
" When we amplify everything ,we hear nothing."
Jon Stewart

Katoblue
Member Avatar

_g R_
Jun 16 2018, 12:36 PM
Katoblue
Jun 8 2018, 01:02 AM

Well, our government pays the leagues ( including NASCAR) to endorse the US military, but aside from that, I believe you're right that in this country at least football will always bring the best ratings of the big three. And even though the NBA and MLB have much longer seasons and generate more overall revenue, the NFL will still be the most popular sport here.

The NBA has some peak moments though when superstars like Michael Jordan and LeBron James come along. Jordan was the trillion dollar man for the NBA...until he came along the Bulls arena was always half empty--after MJ, it was sold out every night, and around the other cities wherever Chicago played.
oh totally gR.. for NBA's sake I hope they keep spitting out great players like those two.. I like MLB and NBA I just like NFL the best and never watch the other two..

and I am now starting to get NFL fever and anxious for not just the NFL but Justify also ruining 2 more races.. this is nerve racking.. I can't wait for the games to begin.. and the races to run.. thank God for Banana OG..

:lol:

Killary, DNC, Obummer's DOJ and FBI all Lied and Spied and Good People Died!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Sports · Next Topic »
Add Reply