Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Perspectives. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Pentagon and Seoul Surprised by Trump Pledge to Halt Military Exercises
Topic Started: Jun 12 2018, 04:38 PM (627 Views)
George Aligator
Member Avatar

WASHINGTON — President Trump’s pledge on Tuesday to cancel military exercises on the Korean Peninsula surprised not only allies in South Korea but also the Pentagon.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/12/world/asia/trump-military-exercises-north-south-korea.html
Conservatism is a social disease
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drudge X
Member Avatar

Move the exercise to the South China Sea. Problem solved.
Kate Steinle was separated from her family permanently but leftists didn't seem to mind.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Robert Stout
Member Avatar

I look forward to the USA closing all its military bases in South Korea.............. :usa:
Jesus can raise the dead, but he can't fix stupid
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Opinionated
Member Avatar

Drudge X
Jun 12 2018, 04:43 PM
Since most of the exercises are land based, that would be very awkward for the soldiers involved.

The Inquisitor
Member Avatar

Trump has only said that we will halt military exercises with South Korea while negotiations with North Korea are in process....
Warning....Leftist's Post Here....Take Precautions

Drudge X
Member Avatar

Didn't the left criticize these drills at the Korean peninsula as provocative? Trump is granting of their wish. The left's TDS is strong.

Look at this silly leftist. I am willing to bet this leftist hace no problem with NFL players and radicals disrespecting and burning the American flag.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/opinion/readers/2018/06/11/letters-hubbell-distributes-his-wealth-community/685431002/
Kate Steinle was separated from her family permanently but leftists didn't seem to mind.

peewee

Drudge X
Best idea I have heard of. More attention need be paid to the South China Sea. No need for exercises in the Korean Peninsula now that Trump has ended the nuclear threat there. It's now time to tame China.

Old Trapper

Drudge X
Jun 13 2018, 09:06 AM
Didn't the left criticize these drills at the Korean peninsula as provocative? Trump is granting of their wish. The left's TDS is strong.

Look at this silly leftist. I am willing to bet this leftist hace no problem with NFL players and radicals disrespecting and burning the American flag.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/opinion/readers/2018/06/11/letters-hubbell-distributes-his-wealth-community/685431002/
It is the right wingers like you that vote for cowards who denigrate the flag, and those that serve it. To equate kneeling during the anthem in protest, an action proposed by an actual hero not some loud mouthed coward, with the burning of the flag only shows the depraved state of mind you function in.

Drudge X
Member Avatar

Old Trapper
Jun 13 2018, 09:20 AM
Drudge X

It is the right wingers like you that vote for cowards who denigrate the flag, and those that serve it. To equate kneeling during the anthem in protest, an action proposed by an actual hero not some loud mouthed coward, with the burning of the flag only shows the depraved state of mind you function in.
How many US flags you have currently soaking in kerosene?

Opinionated
Member Avatar

peewee
Jun 13 2018, 09:13 AM
Drudge X
Best idea I have heard of. More attention need be paid to the South China Sea. No need for exercises in the Korean Peninsula now that Trump has ended the nuclear threat there. It's now time to tame China.
Ended the nuclear threat of NK? Really? When did NK dismantle its nuclear arsenal?

Tsalagi
Member Avatar

Drudge X
Jun 13 2018, 11:07 AM
Old Trapper
Drudge X

What was it that Trump used to get out of service in Vietnam?...Shin splints right....devastating no doubt, his time spent at a military academy must have demoralized him to know he would have been kept at home while his fellow students served their country, luckily his father's money I'm sure allowed him to get over his remorse quickly.

Drudge X
Member Avatar

Tsalagi
Jun 13 2018, 11:22 AM
Drudge X
Old Trapper
Drudge X

What was it that Trump used to get out of service in Vietnam?...Shin splints right....devastating no doubt, his time spent at a military academy must have demoralized him to know he would have been kept at home while his fellow students served their country, luckily his father's money I'm sure allowed him to get over his remorse quickly.
Are you saying serving in the military is prerequisite before a person can talk about honoring and respecting the flag?

Drudge X
Member Avatar

Opinionated
Jun 13 2018, 11:17 AM
peewee
Drudge X
Ended the nuclear threat of NK? Really? When did NK dismantle its nuclear arsenal?
N. Korea's nuke is a bargaining chip for both sides, nothing more. What do you think would happen to N. Korea if they fire one into the South?

Opinionated
Member Avatar

Tsalagi
Drudge X
Old Trapper
Drudge X

It was heel spurs, but when asked about it years later he couldn't remember which foot had the problem.

No, I'm not kidding.

Tsalagi
Member Avatar

Drudge X
Jun 13 2018, 11:25 AM
Tsalagi
Drudge X
Old Trapper
Drudge X

Are you saying serving in the military is prerequisite before a person can talk about honoring and respecting the flag?
I'm saying shin splits was a pretty lame excuse to not serve his country, and if he wasn't wealthy, his ass would have been in Vietnam.

Are you saying that the 1st amendment doesn't apply to protests, because I'm pretty sure it does?

And yes, perhaps a tour of duty away from Daddy Warbucks would have done the man some good, and an appreciation of everything his wealth entitled him too.

Opinionated
Member Avatar

Drudge X
Jun 13 2018, 11:27 AM
Opinionated
peewee
Drudge X
N. Korea's nuke is a bargaining chip for both sides, nothing more. What do you think would happen to N. Korea if they fire one into the South?
I was responding to Peewee's claim that Trump has ended the nuclear threat from North Korea. No, he has not.

The threat is still there. It is still quite real. And Kim Jong Un is still crazy enough to use them if he feels his back is against the wall.

While not discounting the fact that negotiating with NK is better than trading insults and barbs, the fact remains that the threat has not been neutralized, so perhaps rightists should stop trying to give Trump more credit than he is due.

Drudge X
Member Avatar

Tsalagi
Jun 13 2018, 11:33 AM
Drudge X
Jun 13 2018, 11:25 AM
Tsalagi
Drudge X
Old Trapper
I'm saying shin splits was a pretty lame excuse to not serve his country, and if he wasn't wealthy, his ass would have been in Vietnam.

Are you saying that the 1st amendment doesn't apply to protests, because I'm pretty sure it does?

And yes, perhaps a tour of duty away from Daddy Warbucks would have done the man some good, and an appreciation of everything his wealth entitled him too.
I am only pointing out the left's hypocrisy when it comes to honoring the flag.

It seems like when the left burning the flag, it's a sign of freedom of speech. But when the US flag is placed next to the N. Korean flag, it's disrespecting the US flag and Trump's fault.

Drudge X
Member Avatar

Opinionated
Jun 13 2018, 11:35 AM
Drudge X
Opinionated
peewee
Drudge X
I was responding to Peewee's claim that Trump has ended the nuclear threat from North Korea. No, he has not.

The threat is still there. It is still quite real. And Kim Jong Un is still crazy enough to use them if he feels his back is against the wall.

While not discounting the fact that negotiating with NK is better than trading insults and barbs, the fact remains that the threat has not been neutralized, so perhaps rightists should stop trying to give Trump more credit than he is due.
Kim Jong is China's puppet. China for sure don't want a nuke to go off in their backyard.

Opinionated
Member Avatar

Drudge X
Jun 13 2018, 11:46 AM
Opinionated
Jun 13 2018, 11:35 AM
Drudge X
Opinionated
peewee

Quoting limited to 5 levels deep

Kim Jong is China's puppet. China for sure don't want a nuke to go off in their backyard.
And that situation is different after the summit than before the summit in what way?

Bottom line is this, NK still has nukes. It still just as capable of firing those nukes as it was before the summit. The threat has not been eliminated. Period.

Maybe a year or two down the road, that will be different. But today, it's not. And claiming otherwise is not only untrue, it's dangerous.

Harambe4Trump
Member Avatar

Tsalagi
Drudge X
Old Trapper
Drudge X

Vietnam, like Iraq, was another meat grinder that should have never happened. The 50,000 boys, and probably an equal amount suicides, died for nothing.
You were spared by Thanos.
#MAGA
#wallsnotwars

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · UnitedStates.com FOREIGN* & DEFENSE · Next Topic »
Add Reply