Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Perspectives. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Populist talk-shows fuel rise of far right, German TV bosses told
Topic Started: Jun 13 2018, 12:42 PM (51 Views)
W A Mozart
Member Avatar

Quote:

The head of Germany’s most powerful cultural body has called for the plug to be pulled on the nation’s multitude of political talkshows for a year, arguing that their populist agenda has helped fuel the rise of the far right.

Olaf Zimmermann, who heads the German cultural council, an umbrella group for organisations from art galleries to television companies, said public broadcasters needed to step back and rethink a format that has helped cement gloom-ridden public attitudes towards refugees and Islam, and propelled the into parliament at last September’s election.

“I’d suggest for them, take a break for a year ... though the length of the intermission isn’t the decisive factor. What is crucial is that they return with new talkshow concepts and try to come up with more suitable contents with regards to social cohesion in our society,” Zimmermann said, arguing that the public broadcasters ARD and ZDF were obsessed with refugee-related issues, often framing them negatively.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jun/13/populist-talkshows-fuel-rise-of-far-right-german-tv-bosses-told

Posted Image
Edited by W A Mozart, Jun 13 2018, 12:43 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

W A Mozart
Member Avatar

Er, this is something NEW to me, quoting the Guardian, ......, .... :lol: , ... :box:

Amazing. I wouldn't believe this myself had I not read, gasp, the Guardian. The German "far" left-wing is trying to shut-down talk-shows. You just can't make this stuff up. Can you say, ...."Nazi?" Joseph Goebbels would be proud. .... :cheers:

Mozart
Edited by W A Mozart, Jun 13 2018, 12:46 PM.

Hughmac

W A Mozart
Jun 13 2018, 12:45 PM
Er, this is something NEW to me, quoting the Guardian, ......, .... :lol: , ... :box:

Amazing. I wouldn't believe this myself had I not read, gasp, the Guardian. The German "far" left-wing is trying to shut-down talk-shows. You just can't make this stuff up. Can you say, ...."Nazi?" Joseph Goebbels would be proud. .... :cheers:

Mozart
Yes a surprising and ridiculous development - I agree, but Nazis, Mozzie, Nazis???

When they start gassing people and burning their bodies in mass crematoriums after having harvested their hair and gold teeth, then, yes Nazis would be a suitable definition.

An ill-advised attempt at a quasi-dictatorial control of the state media, perhaps, yes, but Nazis???

You really are a drama queen sometimes, my old misguided mate.

Cheers
Hughmac
H4T wrote: Immigration should have come to an end at 1776. It corrodes a nation

EmperorNortonII

Hughmac
Jun 13 2018, 01:17 PM
W A Mozart

Mozart
Yes a surprising and ridiculous development - I agree, but Nazis, Mozzie, Nazis???

When they start gassing people and burning their bodies in mass crematoriums after having harvested their hair and gold teeth, then, yes Nazis would be a suitable definition.

An ill-advised attempt at a quasi-dictatorial control of the state media, perhaps, yes, but Nazis???

Cheers
Hughmac
I dunno, Hugh. Here in the uS, we've kind of gotten used to people calling our President a Nazi for doing things like *helping* te Jews... or for ordering well-done steak with ketchup.

Hughmac

EmperorNortonII
Jun 13 2018, 01:26 PM
Hughmac
Jun 13 2018, 01:17 PM
W A Mozart

Mozart

Cheers
Hughmac
I dunno, Hugh. Here in the uS, we've kind of gotten used to people calling our President a Nazi for doing things like *helping* te Jews... or for ordering well-done steak with ketchup.
Wellllll, you president isn't a Nazi... more like a Izan, because he's pretty backwards :tongue: - H

Robert Stout
Member Avatar

Our major media would support banning Trump from using Twitter or other social media....His ability to speak freely , without being filtered through their New World Order cultural censorship, is cutting into their previous cartel................ :shakeshead:
Jesus can raise the dead, but he can't fix stupid
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Hughmac

Robert Stout
Jun 13 2018, 03:31 PM
Our major media would support banning Trump from using Twitter or other social media....His ability to speak freely , without being filtered through their New World Order cultural censorship, is cutting into their previous cartel................ :shakeshead:
Yeah, well if he wants to be a rapper, the way to go on Twitter, but if you are the President of The United States, you are expected to have a little more style - anybody can Tweet, but only the PoTUS has the such an array of communication choices.

But hey, you wanted Coco the Clown, so what the hell... let the Twat Tweet.

Cheers
Hughmac

Robert Stout
Member Avatar

Hughmac
Jun 13 2018, 03:36 PM
Robert Stout
Jun 13 2018, 03:31 PM
Yeah, well if he wants to be a rapper, the way to go on Twitter, but if you are the President of The United States, you are expected to have a little more style - anybody can Tweet, but only the PoTUS has the such an array of communication choices.

But hey, you wanted Coco the Clown, so what the hell... let the Twat Tweet.

Cheers
Hughmac
The major media is hell bent on making Trump look like a fool....He was smart enough not to fall into their trap...FDR had the same problem with newspapers ...He bypassed them with "fireside chats" and won the hearts and minds of voters............ :nana:
Edited by Robert Stout, Jun 13 2018, 03:42 PM.
Jesus can raise the dead, but he can't fix stupid
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · UnitedStates.com FOREIGN* & DEFENSE · Next Topic »
Add Reply