Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Perspectives. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Proposal to split California into three states makes November ballot
Topic Started: Jun 13 2018, 10:31 PM (185 Views)
PATruth
Member Avatar

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/proposal-split-california-three-states-makes-november-ballot-085603479--abc-news-topstories.html

California residents will get a chance to vote on a measure to divide the Golden State into three separate states, election officials said Tuesday.

Proponents of the CAL 3 initiative submitted more than 402,468 valid signatures as of Tuesday, making it eligible for the Nov. 6 general election ballot, according to the California Secretary of State’s office.
"No. No he won't. We'll stop it."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PATruth
Member Avatar

The people are fighting back against their liberal oppressors!

The Inquisitor
Member Avatar

PATruth
Jun 13 2018, 10:33 PM
The people are fighting back against their liberal oppressors!
Didn't they want to secede from the Union?.... :oyvey:
Edited by The Inquisitor, Jun 13 2018, 10:57 PM.
Warning....Leftist's Post Here....Take Precautions

Opinionated
Member Avatar

Not really. There is one deep pockets guy who has been working to get this on the ballot for something like a decade. This isn't a "popular uprising".

And frankly, I'm not seeing much of a benefit in cutting California into three other than the fact that we'd probably end up with six Senators in the Senate rather than only two. Given the division of the state, two parts would clearly still be strongly liberal and the third would lean liberal.

I say this because Northern California would include San Francisco and Sacramento. California would include Los Angeles. So both those portions would be strongly liberal. And Southern California would include San Diego, which still leans liberal. Republicans might have a chance at running Southern California, but that's about it.

PATruth
Member Avatar

Opinionated
Jun 13 2018, 10:58 PM
Not really. There is one deep pockets guy who has been working to get this on the ballot for something like a decade. This isn't a "popular uprising".

And frankly, I'm not seeing much of a benefit in cutting California into three other than the fact that we'd probably end up with six Senators in the Senate rather than only two. Given the division of the state, two parts would clearly still be strongly liberal and the third would lean liberal.

I say this because Northern California would include San Francisco and Sacramento. California would include Los Angeles. So both those portions would be strongly liberal. And Southern California would include San Diego, which still leans liberal. Republicans might have a chance at running Southern California, but that's about it.
400,000+ signatures is more than one guy with deep pockets. I can see plenty of benefits from leaving the left wing governed state that is currently run by lunatics. CA is taxing and regulating the middle class into misery. CA has become destination for illegal criminals and the homeless. Taking a shower will soon become a political issue in CA. It's OK to crap in the streets but you better get state approval before you shower. Since people can't pick up their property and leave the only option is to form a new state.
Edited by PATruth, Jun 14 2018, 09:08 AM.

George Aligator
Member Avatar

A whopping 17% of voters think this is the best idea Republicans have had since Dick Nixon. It's time to crack up Virginia next.
Conservatism is a social disease
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Opinionated
Member Avatar

PATruth
Jun 14 2018, 09:07 AM
Opinionated

400,000+ signatures is more than one guy with deep pockets. I can see plenty of benefits from leaving the left wing governed state that is currently run by lunatics. CA is taxing and regulating the middle class into misery. CA has become destination for illegal criminals and the homeless. Taking a shower will soon become a political issue in CA. It's OK to crap in the streets but you better get state approval before you shower. Since people can't pick up their property and leave the only option is to form a new state.
Getting signatures on a ballot measure isn't a major accomplishment if you have enough time and money to spend collecting them.

clone
Member Avatar
Director @ Center for Advanced Memetic Warfare
Opinionated
Jun 14 2018, 09:39 AM
PATruth
Opinionated

Getting signatures on a ballot measure isn't a major accomplishment if you have enough time and money to spend collecting them.
Agreed...we could have the Russians do it for us in about two weeks....run a few targeted Facebook ads....a few memes....Californians are not the bright....ez pz lemon squeezy....

:cheers:
Edited by clone, Jun 14 2018, 09:52 AM.
Political Correctness is the war on noticing things that are obvious and true.

PATruth
Member Avatar

As the article say, adding the initiative to the ballot would be the first step in a long process that would ultimately require approval from Congress.

Will it happen? Sounds unlikely but then again, given the direction of the democrat party I can easily see the revolt deepening. I don't see the democrats becoming reasonable legislators anytime soon, maybe this is the wakeup call they need?

Opinionated
Member Avatar

clone
Jun 14 2018, 09:50 AM
Opinionated
Jun 14 2018, 09:39 AM
PATruth
Opinionated

Agreed...we could have the Russians do it for us in about two weeks....run a few targeted Facebook ads....a few memes....Californians are not the bright....ez pz lemon squeezy....

:cheers:
Maybe the Russians did do it, do you have any evidence that they didn't?

Opinionated
Member Avatar

PATruth
Jun 14 2018, 09:53 AM
As the article say, adding the initiative to the ballot would be the first step in a long process that would ultimately require approval from Congress.

Will it happen? Sounds unlikely but then again, given the direction of the democrat party I can easily see the revolt deepening. I don't see the democrats becoming reasonable legislators anytime soon, maybe this is the wakeup call they need?
The justification you've given so far for why you think it might happen, is because you find liberal policies to be repugnant and abhorrent, and you assume that everyone else does.

But since, as I've indicated above, two of the divisions would still be strongly liberal and one would lean liberal, on what basis do you believe that breaking the state into three will do away with liberal policies?

PATruth
Member Avatar

Opinionated
Jun 14 2018, 10:02 AM
PATruth

The justification you've given so far for why you think it might happen, is because you find liberal policies to be repugnant and abhorrent, and you assume that everyone else does.

But since, as I've indicated above, two of the divisions would still be strongly liberal and one would lean liberal, on what basis do you believe that breaking the state into three will do away with liberal policies?
Liberal policy in CA has come to mean extremely high taxes, draconian regulations and a massive illegal and homeless presence. It's clear CA's radical polices are having a very negative effect on working people, in CA you are either very rich or struggling just to pay for housing and taxes.

Why do you think taking more money from working people is progressive?

Opinionated
Member Avatar

PATruth
Jun 14 2018, 11:10 AM
Opinionated
PATruth

Liberal policy in CA has come to mean extremely high taxes, draconian regulations and a massive illegal and homeless presence. It's clear CA's radical polices are having a very negative effect on working people, in CA you are either very rich or struggling just to pay for housing and taxes.

I'm one of those working people. I find the taxes a little on the high side, but worth it to live in a state where climate change is taken seriously, we try to minimize our negative impact on the environment, and we care about the well being of those less fortunate than ourselves.

PATruth
Member Avatar

Opinionated
Jun 14 2018, 11:40 AM
PATruth
Opinionated
PATruth

I'm one of those working people. I find the taxes a little on the high side, but worth it to live in a state where climate change is taken seriously, we try to minimize our negative impact on the environment, and we care about the well being of those less fortunate than ourselves.
That's very noble but you realize going green doesn't have to cost you money? In Texas they are going green while saving money. Maybe the strong armed government approach isn't the right way to go? Environmental regulations are just part of the problem in CA, it goes much deeper.

Robert Stout
Member Avatar

George Aligator
Jun 14 2018, 09:10 AM
A whopping 17% of voters think this is the best idea Republicans have had since Dick Nixon. It's time to crack up Virginia next.
It is a better idea to cede California to North Korea in return for their de-nuclearization........... :biggrin:
Jesus can raise the dead, but he can't fix stupid

PATruth
Member Avatar

Robert Stout
Jun 14 2018, 12:05 PM
George Aligator
It is a better idea to cede California to North Korea in return for their de-nuclearization........... :biggrin:
Kim Jong Un, the communist, declined, he said CA has moved too far to the left to be part of MK. He said he doesn't want people who poop in the streets.

Robert Stout
Member Avatar

PATruth
Jun 14 2018, 12:18 PM
Robert Stout
Jun 14 2018, 12:05 PM
George Aligator
Kim Jong Un, the communist, declined, he said CA has moved too far to the left to be part of MK. He said he doesn't want people who poop in the streets.
Kim would feed the hogs with any Californian pooping on the street or wearing Pu**y hats........... :biggrin:
Jesus can raise the dead, but he can't fix stupid

Drudge X
Member Avatar

Opinionated
PATruth
Opinionated
PATruth

I take it that you don't have an issue with high gas prices then?
Kate Steinle was separated from her family permanently but leftists didn't seem to mind.

Opinionated
Member Avatar

PATruth
Jun 14 2018, 12:03 PM
Opinionated
PATruth
Opinionated
PATruth

That's very noble but you realize going green doesn't have to cost you money? In Texas they are going green while saving money. Maybe the strong armed government approach isn't the right way to go? Environmental regulations are just part of the problem in CA, it goes much deeper.
It has been our experience that when left to their own devices companies do what makes money and damn the consequences. I haven't looked into Texas going green, so I can speak as to what is driving it. But we feel that companies need a bit more encouragement to ensure they do what is best for all of us, rather than only what is best for their bottom line.

Maybe things work differently in Texas, although I doubt it.

PATruth
Member Avatar

Opinionated
Jun 14 2018, 01:32 PM
PATruth
Jun 14 2018, 12:03 PM
Opinionated
PATruth
Opinionated

Quoting limited to 5 levels deep

It has been our experience that when left to their own devices companies do what makes money and damn the consequences. I haven't looked into Texas going green, so I can speak as to what is driving it. But we feel that companies need a bit more encouragement to ensure they do what is best for all of us, rather than only what is best for their bottom line.

Maybe things work differently in Texas, although I doubt it.
Texas city opts for 100% renewable energy – to save cash, not the planet

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/mar/28/georgetown-texas-renewable-green-energy

It has been my experience that when left to their own devices government does what makes government happy, raises taxes and damn the consequences.
Edited by PATruth, Jun 14 2018, 01:45 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · UnitedStates.com DOMESTIC U.S. news · Next Topic »
Add Reply