Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Perspectives. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The BEST driver at Nurburgring. Ever.
Topic Started: Jul 24 2018, 02:57 PM (364 Views)
Robertr2000
Member Avatar

https://youtu.be/WXJzt4bRWR8

"if that **** wins we'll all hang from nooses"
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

RaiderNation
Member Avatar

Sorry, I have to vote for the record holder ... Timo Bernhard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWZci9dUROM
Edited by RaiderNation, Aug 9 2018, 07:00 AM.
Will Munny: "Deserve's got nothin' to do with it..."

clone
Member Avatar
Director @ Center for Advanced Memetic Warfare
Quote:

The BEST driver at Nurburgring. Ever.

Would that make him "Lord of the Ring''

:popcorn:
Leftism has a historical track record unblemished by success....

Robertr2000
Member Avatar

RaiderNation
Aug 9 2018, 06:59 AM

That is a great car.

I posted about a driver.

RaiderNation
Member Avatar

Robertr2000
Aug 9 2018, 09:47 PM
RaiderNation

That is a great car.

I posted about a driver.
Right. You posted your opinion about it. So did I. The 'great' car was driven by a 'great' driver.

Some people have more knowledge in some areas than others. Auto racing would be one area in which I have MUCH more than you.

Edited by RaiderNation, Aug 10 2018, 05:24 AM.

voted4reagan
Member Avatar

Give Robert the 919 for a lap... bet he shreds the gears by turn two...
Trump needs to focus more so on the male vote. He should have nationalized the Boy Scouts when they decided to admit girls.

Harambe4Trump AKA "FASHY"

Robertr2000
Member Avatar

RaiderNation
Aug 10 2018, 05:23 AM
Robertr2000
RaiderNation

That is a great car.

I posted about a driver.
Right. You posted your opinion about it. So did I. The 'great' car was driven by a 'great' driver.

Some people have more knowledge in some areas than others. Auto racing would be one area in which I have MUCH more than you.

you wish :lol:

Notice how they post the track times of the fastest Cars and not by fastest driver? Notice that? Probably not.
Edited by Robertr2000, Aug 10 2018, 10:33 AM.

RaiderNation
Member Avatar

I don't wish. I know. Kindly post your amateur and professional race experience here for all to see, and I'll do the same. 2 years at All American Racers, crew member for #99 factory Toyota Eagle of Juan Fangio II, winners of 4 races in 1990. Many years at short track stock cars before that, and many years at SCCA national racing after that, all as chief mechanic.

What you got except wishful thinking?

RaiderNation
Member Avatar

Robertr2000
Aug 10 2018, 10:28 AM
RaiderNation
Robertr2000
RaiderNation

That is a great car.

I posted about a driver.

Notice how they post the track times of the fastest Cars and not by fastest driver? Notice that? Probably not.
Nevertheless, Timo Bernhard was the driver of the 919 on that record run. Your nobody special was not.

RaiderNation
Member Avatar

That's me with my back to the camera at Del Mar 1990, our 4th win of the season :biggrin:

Posted Image

Also at Del Mar, that's me in the sunglasses at the left rear of the car

Posted Image
Edited by RaiderNation, Aug 10 2018, 10:43 AM.

Robertr2000
Member Avatar

RaiderNation
Aug 10 2018, 10:35 AM
Robertr2000
RaiderNation
Robertr2000
RaiderNation

That is a great car.

I posted about a driver.

Nevertheless, Timo Bernhard was the driver of the 919 on that record run. Your nobody special was not.

At Nurburgring, Drivers are a dime a dozen. It's the car that's special.

NASCAR and Indy list wins/times by driver because the cars are, basically, all the same.

Understand?

voted4reagan
Member Avatar

Robertr2000
Aug 10 2018, 10:54 AM
RaiderNation
Robertr2000
RaiderNation
Robertr2000

Quoting limited to 5 levels deephttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWZci9dUROMThat is a great car.

I posted about a driver.

NASCAR and Indy list wins/times by driver because the cars are, basically, all the same.

Understand?
Put Dale Earnhardt Jr. or any Nascar Driver on the Ring in a 919 and they will finish a distant Second behind the record holder.

The DRIVER is the most important element in the equation.

Think you could break the Record driving a 919 Robert??

You'd wreck in the Pits...

Trump needs to focus more so on the male vote. He should have nationalized the Boy Scouts when they decided to admit girls.

RaiderNation
Member Avatar

Robertr2000
RaiderNation
Robertr2000
RaiderNation
Robertr2000

Quoting limited to 5 levels deephttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWZci9dUROMThat is a great car.

I posted about a driver.

Understand?
"At Nurburgring, Drivers are a dime a dozen. It's the car that's special. " Direct hypocrisy of your initial claim that Mr. Nobody driver was the best ever there. Big surprise (NOT).

Still waiting for your bigtime racing knowledge resume, btw.

Robertr2000
Member Avatar

voted4reagan
Aug 10 2018, 11:03 AM
Robertr2000
RaiderNation
Robertr2000
RaiderNation

I posted about a driver.

Understand?
Put Dale Earnhardt Jr. or any Nascar Driver on the Ring in a 919 and they will finish a distant Second behind the record holder.

Right cuz you know the 919 had nothing to do with it. :box:

Robertr2000
Member Avatar

RaiderNation
Aug 10 2018, 11:54 AM
Robertr2000
RaiderNation
Robertr2000
RaiderNation

I posted about a driver.

Understand?
"At Nurburgring, Drivers are a dime a dozen. It's the car that's special. " Direct hypocrisy of your initial claim that Mr. Nobody driver was the best ever there. Big surprise (NOT).

Why are you waiting for that?

RaiderNation
Member Avatar

Robertr2000
Aug 10 2018, 12:28 PM
RaiderNation
Robertr2000
RaiderNation
Robertr2000

I posted about a driver.

Understand?

Because I claimed to have much more knowledge in the area of auto racing than you, you replied 'you wish', I listed mine, and got no response to a valid point contradicting your BS claim, as usual. Embarrassing for you.

voted4reagan
Member Avatar

Robertr2000
voted4reagan
Robertr2000
RaiderNation
Robertr2000

I posted about a driver.

Understand?

I have Built Engines, Done some Drag Racing, Tried Dirt Tracks and Even did some laps in an ARCA CAR on a ride along at Pocono...

So I know a few things about Cars and Racing....

I know that no matter how good I think I am... I am not going to come close to breaking the Record at the Ring no matter what Car I am driving... You could put me in a 919... Would not be able to do it... Would I finish?? Probably, but I would be a damn sight slower than the guy who set the Record. Even if I knew the course backwards and forwards I wouldn't be anywhere near his time...

IT'S THE DRIVER that makes a Great Car even better.

BTW... That Stock Ferrari in your video? Guy was an awful driver.

Too fast into the corners, Too much brake and over and Under steering most of the corners. he had 5 times the horsepower but he was a bad Driver... Your Video proves its the DRIVER... NOT THE CAR.

Robertr2000
Member Avatar

https://youtu.be/NqccV9xqW1c

Robertr2000
Member Avatar

RaiderNation
Aug 10 2018, 01:58 PM
Robertr2000
RaiderNation
Robertr2000
RaiderNation

I posted about a driver.

Understand?

Because I claimed to have much more knowledge in the area of auto racing than you, you replied 'you wish', I listed mine, and got no response to a valid point contradicting your BS claim, as usual. Embarrassing for you.

I didn't make the claim, you did. :oyvey:

Robertr2000
Member Avatar

voted4reagan
Aug 10 2018, 03:03 PM
Robertr2000
voted4reagan
Robertr2000
RaiderNation

I posted about a driver.

Understand?

I have Built Engines, Done some Drag Racing, Tried Dirt Tracks and Even did some laps in an ARCA CAR on a ride along at Pocono...

So I know a few things about Cars and Racing....

I know that no matter how good I think I am... I am not going to come close to breaking the Record at the Ring no matter what Car I am driving... You could put me in a 919... Would not be able to do it... Would I finish?? Probably, but I would be a damn sight slower than the guy who set the Record. Even if I knew the course backwards and forwards I wouldn't be anywhere near his time...

IT'S THE DRIVER that makes a Great Car even better.

BTW... That Stock Ferrari in your video? Guy was an awful driver.

Too fast into the corners, Too much brake and over and Under steering most of the corners. he had 5 times the horsepower but he was a bad Driver... Your Video proves its the DRIVER... NOT THE CAR.
You're making some great counter arguments!!! To points that I didn't make! :cheers:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Automotive · Next Topic »
Add Reply