Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Perspectives. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The California Miracle
Topic Started: Aug 7 2018, 10:08 AM (294 Views)
PATruth
Member Avatar

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckdevore/2018/08/06/california-passed-15-an-hour-two-years-ago-hows-it-working/#5926362b4fa4

* While California’s state college and university system is highly regarded nationally, its public K-12 system is at the bottom of most surveys.

* California’s 2017 retail electric prices were 89 percent higher than in its peer competitor, Texas.

* California’s gasoline prices remain the highest in the contiguous 48 states, at $3.619 per gallon of unleaded, some 26 percent higher than the national average of $2.865.

* California’s once-vaunted water storage and conveyance system has been essentially frozen in time for decades, as the state’s politicians spend billions on environmental programs and studies and precious little on expending and securing California’s water supply.

* California’s highway system, once the envy of the world, has similarly been put at the bottom of the priority list, regularly being ranked at the tail end of national surveys.

* Further, the state’s union labor agreements and environmental approval maze contribute to the state’s road maintenance costs being almost 40 percent higher than the national average.

* As for state and local taxes, Forbes ranked California as 45th-worst in 2016.

* The U.S. Chamber of Commerce, meanwhile rated California as having the 47th-worst lawsuit climate in the nation last year.

* The regulatory burden on small business was studied in a report authorized by the California legislature 10 year ago which found that small businesses faced a complex puzzle of state and local rules that cost about $134,000 per year in compliance costs.

* According to the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis, in 2016, the cost of housing in California’s metropolitan areas was 60 percent higher than in its small towns and rural areas. Including all goods and services, California’s cities were about 16 percent more costly than in the surrounding small town and rural areas.

* But, so far in 2018, California manufacturing has started to lose jobs and, if the trend continues, it will see its first loss in employment in nine years. By comparison, the U.S. has added 193,000 manufacturing jobs through July 2018.

* This is why the California Department of Finance estimated that the minimum wage law would end up costing state government an additional $3.6 billion annually. In addition, the minimum wage law will also ripple into the cost to employ the state’s 300,000 K-12 public school teachers, with the added cost to the beleaguered California taxpayer ranging from $6 to $10 billion.

This is what our liberal friends want for the entire country.
"No. No he won't. We'll stop it."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

edro14

Ah, but to live in a liberal state where redneck white wimpy lilies are not to be found. That is eternal joy.

PATruth
Member Avatar

edro14
Aug 7 2018, 01:44 PM
Ah, but to live in a liberal state where redneck white wimpy lilies are not to be found. That is eternal joy.
Some people, CA liberals, prefer millions of illiterate peasants and people pooping, pissing, doing drugs and sleeping on the streets.

To each his own.

ringotuna
Member Avatar

edro14
Looks like edro cracked the parental control password again. :biggrin:
Ringoism: Never underestimate the advantages of being underestimated.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tsalagi
Member Avatar

PATruth
Aug 7 2018, 03:20 PM
edro14
Some people, CA liberals, prefer millions of illiterate peasants and people pooping, pissing, doing drugs and sleeping on the streets.

To each his own.
Illterate peasants, and how often do you get to white redneck cousin-kissing dominated Appalachia?

PATruth
Member Avatar

Tsalagi
Aug 8 2018, 08:30 AM
PATruth
edro14

To each his own.
Illterate peasants, and how often do you get to white redneck cousin-kissing dominated Appalachia?
How often? Never. Why the racist comment?

Tsalagi
Member Avatar

PATruth
Aug 8 2018, 08:48 AM
Tsalagi
PATruth
edro14

To each his own.
And your comment wasn't...pot meet kettle., why the hypocrisy?

PATruth
Member Avatar

Tsalagi
Aug 8 2018, 12:18 PM
PATruth
Tsalagi
PATruth
edro14

To each his own.
As far as I know there is no race of illiterate peasants. Where's the racism?
Edited by PATruth, Aug 8 2018, 12:20 PM.

Tsalagi
Member Avatar

PATruth
Aug 8 2018, 12:19 PM
Tsalagi
PATruth
Tsalagi
PATruth

Quoting limited to 5 levels deep
Strangely enough you only use those words when you post about Hispanic illegals. Sounds hypocritical to me, but that is just my 2 cents.

Robertr2000
Member Avatar

Tsalagi
Aug 8 2018, 07:52 PM
PATruth
Tsalagi
PATruth
Tsalagi

Strangely enough you only use those words when you post about Hispanic illegals. Sounds hypocritical to me, but that is just my 2 cents.
I'll say it.

Hispanic illegals = Illiterate peasants

"if that **** wins we'll all hang from nooses"

Drudge X
Member Avatar

Public schools with high concentration of Hispanics have lowered their standards.
Democrats 2020 platform: free s**t, open border, standing up for China, embrace MS 13

Opinionated
Member Avatar

Robertr2000
Aug 8 2018, 08:58 PM
Tsalagi
PATruth
Tsalagi
PATruth

I'll say it.

This country was built by illiterate peasants.

The Inquisitor
Member Avatar

Opinionated
Aug 8 2018, 11:19 PM
Robertr2000
Tsalagi
PATruth
Tsalagi

I'll say it.

I built my part by having a job....
Warning....Leftist's Post Here....Take Precautions

Right-Wing
Member Avatar

Opinionated
Robertr2000
Tsalagi
PATruth
Tsalagi

I'll say it.

no it wasn't
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt - Sun Tzu
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drudge X
Member Avatar

Opinionated
Robertr2000
Tsalagi
PATruth
Tsalagi

I'll say it.

Even if you are correct, illiterate peasants of the past are not the same as illiterate peasants of today.

The past people came here to build. The current ones come here to take from society and break down the fabric of a functioning society.
Democrats 2020 platform: free s**t, open border, standing up for China, embrace MS 13

Robert Stout
Member Avatar

Drudge X
Aug 9 2018, 01:20 AM
Opinionated
Robertr2000
Tsalagi
PATruth

I'll say it.

Even if you are correct, illiterate peasants of the past are not the same as illiterate peasants of today.

The past people came here to build. The current ones come here to take from society and break down the fabric of a functioning society.
There is not much difference between the barbarians at the gates of ancient Rome and illegals at America's borders.......... :shakeshead:
Jesus can raise the dead, but he can't fix stupid

Opinionated
Member Avatar

The Inquisitor
Aug 8 2018, 11:24 PM
Opinionated
Robertr2000
Tsalagi
PATruth

I'll say it.

I built my part by having a job....
As do the vast majority of "illiterate peasants".

Opinionated
Member Avatar

Drudge X
Aug 9 2018, 01:20 AM
Opinionated
Robertr2000
Tsalagi
PATruth

I'll say it.

Says who? You? Why should I care what you think?

PATruth
Member Avatar

My grandmother didn't sneak across the border 9 months pregnant, rent a motel room, have my parents and expect to be get free healthcare and a free ride for life.

Only an idiot can't see the difference.

estonianman
Member Avatar

Posted Image
MEEK AND MILD

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Op EDITORIALS: personal & political governance · Next Topic »
Add Reply