Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Perspectives. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Mother jailed in Dubai with daughter, four, for having a glass of wine on flight from Gatwick makes tearful plea
Topic Started: Aug 10 2018, 01:24 PM (205 Views)
W A Mozart
Member Avatar

Quote:

A dentist thrown into a Dubai jail with her four-year-old daughter for drinking a glass of wine on a flight from London today tearfully told how she is desperate to return home and be re-united with her family.

Dr Ellie Holman, 44, faces being held in the Arab state for a year after being arrested for consuming alcohol provided by Emirates Airline on the eight hour flight from London.

She told MailOnline she cant wait to home in Kent and see her three young children, including daughter Bibi, who spent three days with her in an airport jail after her arrest.

Speaking exclusively to MailOnline, she said: 'I just want to go home. I miss my friends and I miss my family, especially my Bibi.

'Being in prison terrified me as a grownup, I can't imagine how this must have affected her. I just want to be home and safe with Gary and all my children.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6047315/Mother-jailed-Dubai-having-glass-wine-flight-Gatwick-makes-tearful-plea.html
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

W A Mozart
Member Avatar

First....

Quote:

Dr Holmon's nightmare began after she stepped off an Emirates Airlines flight from London to Dubai on July 13th.

During the flight she was served a glass of red wine with her meal. Alcohol is served as standard practice on Emirates Airlines on flights from the UK to Dubai.

On arrival Dr Holman was quizzed by an immigration official over her visa who told her it was not valid.

And then .....

Quote:

The terrified pair arrived at a police building where she says a man in a dirty white lab coat said he was going to take a sample of her blood as evidence she had drunk alcohol.

She was told the results showed 0.04% of alcohol in her blood – a reading far below the UK drink drive limit.

So, lemme see if I got this right....

A woman orders a glass of red wine with her meal on a flight to Dubai on Emirates Airlines

Posted Image

And then she was JAILED for having alcohol in her system at the immigration check point.....?

What? Huh? Ya gotta be kidding me.

This Dubai place, and its so-called justice system, sounds more and more like the UK...! (read: Tommy Robinson)

:rotflmao: :nana: :hooray: :booboo:

Mozart

Hughmac

W A Mozart
Aug 10 2018, 01:31 PM
This Dubai place, and its so-called justice system, sounds more and more like the UK...! (read: Tommy Robinson)
Nah, sounds more like the States where you can't have a beer until you're 21 because Jasus will be angry and you'all going to hell - Amen - H
H4T wrote: lobal] nuclear annihilation is preferable to the pre-Trump immigration/refugee policies.

PATruth
Member Avatar

They are both lucky, under Muslim law women are usually raped, convicted in a court of law then stoned to death. Muslims are becoming soft. Mohammad would not be happy.
"No. No he won't. We'll stop it."

Hughmac

PATruth
Aug 10 2018, 02:37 PM
They are both lucky, under Muslim law women are usually raped, convicted in a court of law then stoned to death. Muslims are becoming soft. Mohammad would not be happy.
Fundamentalist Islam make US righties jealous now that they can no longer be like that themselves - H
H4T wrote: lobal] nuclear annihilation is preferable to the pre-Trump immigration/refugee policies.

PATruth
Member Avatar

Hughmac
Aug 10 2018, 03:28 PM
PATruth
Fundamentalist Islam make US righties jealous now that they can no longer be like that themselves - H
Hold that thought.....

Robertr2000
Member Avatar

Does Hughmac think the US is a Christian nation? :dunno:
"if that **** wins we'll all hang from nooses"

PATruth
Member Avatar

Robertr2000
Aug 10 2018, 03:46 PM
He must. He doesn't know a Christian has a better chance of getting stoned to death at liberal American university that they do in a ISIS training camp.

W A Mozart
Member Avatar

Hughmac
Aug 10 2018, 02:29 PM
W A Mozart
Nah, sounds more like the States where you can't have a beer until you're 21 because Jasus will be angry and you'all going to hell - Amen - H
I always enjoy a little rib-poking, ...... :)

It is rather an incredible story......

Mozart

Demagogue
Member Avatar
Administrator
If you sleep with dogs you are likely to awake with fleas.

Why would any western female visit a country like Dubai? It boggles the mind.
People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would do them harm.

_g R_
Member Avatar

Surely no US allies would display such human rights violations.

The Saudi transaction is just one example of nations and companies that had donated to the Clinton Foundation seeing an increase in arms deals while Hillary Clinton oversaw the State Department. IBT found that between October 2010 and September 2012, State approved $165 billion in commercial arms sales to 20 nations that had donated to the foundation, plus another $151 billion worth of Pentagon-brokered arms deals to 16 of those countries—a 143 percent increase over the same time frame under the Bush Administration. The sales boosted the military power of authoritarian regimes such as Qatar, Algeria, Kuwait, the United Arab Emirates, and Oman, which, like Saudi Arabia, had been criticized by the department for human rights abuses.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2015/05/hillary-clinton-foundation-state-arms-deals/
We are the 99 %

_g R_
Member Avatar

Dubai is a playground for the rich, and the human rights stuff is out of sight out of mind, as Hollywood shows by
shooting a Mission Impossible movie there.

Posted Image
We are the 99 %

Hughmac

PATruth
Aug 10 2018, 03:35 PM
Hughmac
Aug 10 2018, 03:28 PM
PATruth
Hold that thought.....
How long??? Don't want to bust a gut at my age :tongue: - H

Hughmac

W A Mozart
Aug 10 2018, 04:01 PM
Hughmac
Aug 10 2018, 02:29 PM
W A Mozart
I always enjoy a little rib-poking, ...... :)

It is rather an incredible story......

Mozart
Yes it is and a disturbing one. We (The West) have too many alliances with questionable nations and their dubious values... and I am not just referring to Denmark ;) - H

Hughmac

PATruth
Aug 10 2018, 03:54 PM
Robertr2000
Aug 10 2018, 03:46 PM
He must. He doesn't know a Christian has a better chance of getting stoned to death at liberal American university that they do in a ISIS training camp.
:rotflmao: - H

W A Mozart
Member Avatar

Update to "never drink alcohol on an Emirates flight" story.....

She was released, .....asked to leave Dubai...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6049925/British-mother-jailed-Dubai-daughter-drinking-wine-Emirates-flight-FREE-home.html

...."Dr Holman's release came after the personal intervention of Dubai's ruler Sheikh Mohammed, according to sources in the UAE.

He is said to have ordered her release after MailOnline's coverage of her ordeal and treatment was covered by media worldwide." ....

Posted Image

The weird Sheikh says, "It's OK to drink on our flights, just don't get caught doing it, ...!"

:rotflmao:

Mozart

_g R_
Member Avatar

W A Mozart
Aug 11 2018, 11:25 AM

A rare happy ending for women in the Middle East, and yet another reminder why
most people will never go there, including myself. Although, the pyramids are on my bucket list, so if things ever calm back down there, Egypt--here I come.....
Edited by _g R_, Aug 11 2018, 11:46 AM.
We are the 99 %

W A Mozart
Member Avatar

_g R_
Aug 11 2018, 11:45 AM
W A Mozart
Aug 11 2018, 11:25 AM

A rare happy ending for women in the Middle East, and yet another reminder why
most people will never go there, including myself. Although, the pyramids are on my bucket list, so if things ever calm back down there, Egypt--here I come.....
Yes, but tens of thousands of people are forced through Dubai because Emirates Airlines has made it the most significant transit hub between Europe and Asia. If you fly Emirates, you're probably gonna wind-up in Dubai.

Mozart

BuckFan

_g R_
Aug 10 2018, 09:05 PM
Surely no US allies would display such human rights violations.

The Saudi transaction is just one example of nations and companies that had donated to the Clinton Foundation seeing an increase in arms deals while Hillary Clinton oversaw the State Department. IBT found that between October 2010 and September 2012, State approved $165 billion in commercial arms sales to 20 nations that had donated to the foundation, plus another $151 billion worth of Pentagon-brokered arms deals to 16 of those countries—a 143 percent increase over the same time frame under the Bush Administration. The sales boosted the military power of authoritarian regimes such as Qatar, Algeria, Kuwait, the United Arab Emirates, and Oman, which, like Saudi Arabia, had been criticized by the department for human rights abuses.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2015/05/hillary-clinton-foundation-state-arms-deals/
Those are all countries considered allies and with which we have been selling arms for decades and by both Democrat and Republican administrations. No real cause and effect there.

Drudge X
Member Avatar

Why the hell would women from Westernized nations go there is puzzling. Animals have more rights than women.
Democrats 2020 platform: free s**t, open border, standing up for China, embrace MS 13

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · UnitedStates.com FOREIGN* & DEFENSE · Next Topic »
Add Reply