Trump pledges to help Chinese phonemaker ZTE ‘get back into business’

May 13th, 2018, 10:31 pm #1

resident Trump pledged on Sunday to help Chinese telecom giant ZTE return to business, days after the company said it would cease “major operating activities” because of the U.S. government’s recent trade restrictions, a dramatic shift in tone for a president who has long accused China of stealing U.S. jobs.

“President Xi of China, and I, are working together to give massive Chinese phone company, ZTE, a way to get back into business, fast,” Trump tweeted. “Too many jobs in China lost. Commerce Department has been instructed to get it done!”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... 24fca1ad51
I told you so

May 14th, 2018, 1:14 am #2

So we're pledging US assets and capabilities to get a non-American company back in the black, and yet oh no, Trump is no globalist..isn't that what I'm told?

May 14th, 2018, 3:44 am #3

Seriously?

You people can'i see what's going on here ....fark me this is one of the most transparent of Trump's 3d chess moves....

:oyvey
Democrats are losing their slaves. For the second time...#WalkAway

May 14th, 2018, 4:47 am #4

One of Trump's campaign contributors must have a financial interest in this. :rollseyes:

May 14th, 2018, 5:27 am #5

70-101 wrote:One of Trump's campaign contributors must have a financial interest in this. :rollseyes:
China can make those computers for Japan............... :popcorn:
Jesus can raise the dead, but he can't fix stupid

May 14th, 2018, 7:51 am #6

clone wrote:Seriously?

You people can'i see what's going on here ....fark me this is one of the most transparent of Trump's 3d chess moves....

:oyvey
It's right there in the headline.
Ringoism: Never underestimate the advantages of being underestimated.

May 14th, 2018, 2:08 pm #7

So the real issue, as the Trump administration has said, is Chinese theft of American intellectual property. ZTE represents those in China who steal American IP. Trump now is worried about hurting them. So much for his tough talk.

He hurts our allies and helps our opponents ... more Winning

May 14th, 2018, 2:43 pm #8

I don't think Trump has a plan of any kind. I think he just kind of wanders around and says and does things at the spur of the moment, without any real thought or consideration as to the long term impact or the probable consequences.

Frankly, we'd probably be better off with a Magic 8-Ball for President.

May 14th, 2018, 2:49 pm #9

Opinionated wrote:I don't think Trump has a plan of any kind. I think he just kind of wanders around and says and does things at the spur of the moment, without any real thought or consideration as to the long term impact or the probable consequences.

Trump's plan is rather clear, protect our borders and evict the 11 million illiterate uninvited peasants, rebuild America's defense, renegotiate the bad trade policies signed by previous administrations and adopt pro-business policies that will lead to economic growth.

It's decidedly pro-American, therefore utterly despised by the progressive American left.

Questions?
"No. No he won't. We'll stop it."

May 14th, 2018, 2:53 pm #10

PATruth wrote:
Opinionated wrote:I don't think Trump has a plan of any kind. I think he just kind of wanders around and says and does things at the spur of the moment, without any real thought or consideration as to the long term impact or the probable consequences.

Trump's plan is rather clear, protect our borders and evict the 11 million illiterate uninvited peasants, rebuild America's defense, renegotiate the bad trade policies signed by previous administrations and adopt pro-business policies that will lead to economic growth.

It's decidedly pro-American, therefore utterly despised by the progressive American left.

Questions?
No, I get that he's a xenophobe and like many conservatives wants to blame all our troubles on the "foreigners" among us. My major concern is that, other then the fact that I don't like seeing people singled out because of the color of their skin and that's what most of Trump's "illegal alien" strategy appears to be, when he finishes "building a wall", he'll need a new enemy to rally the base with and will turn on liberals and Democrats.

May 14th, 2018, 2:56 pm #11

PATruth wrote:

Questions?
Rebuild our defenses? For what? 14 years of war in Iraq and Afghanistan isn't enough? You're also not going to get that 11, actually possibly up to 20 million illegals, the sheer financial problem in paying for the process and removal would eat up the DoD budget alone. You also are always stipulating that every illegal is an illiterate peasant, so I'm wondering how you know the educational level of millions of non-Americans?

May 14th, 2018, 2:59 pm #12

Opinionated wrote:
PATruth wrote:

Questions?
No, I get that he's a xenophobe and like many conservatives wants to blame all our troubles on the "foreigners" among us. My major concern is that, other then the fact that I don't like seeing people singled out because of the color of their skin and that's what most of Trump's "illegal alien" strategy appears to be, when he finishes "building a wall", he'll need a new enemy to rally the base with and will turn on liberals and Democrats.
I don't blame America's woes on the millions of illiterate illegal peasants that have infiltrated our borders. Most came to work, others for free healthcare, free education and a government handout. I blame our problems on the regressive American left. If it's broke, bankrupt and failing it's most likely controlled by or created by liberal policies.
Last edited by PATruth on May 14th, 2018, 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 14th, 2018, 3:09 pm #13

PATruth wrote:
Opinionated wrote:
PATruth wrote:

Questions?
I don't blame America's woes on the millions of illiterate illegal peasants that have infiltrated our borders. Most came to work, others for free healthcare, free education and a government handout. I blame our problems on the regressive American left. If it's broke, bankrupt and failing it's most likely controlled by or created by liberal policies.
You mean like Kansas?

May 14th, 2018, 3:12 pm #14

Tell you what PA, how about we compare the top three states controlled by Democrats to the top three states controlled by Republicans and compare GDP, wages, and overall economic health?

May 14th, 2018, 3:25 pm #15

Opinionated wrote:Tell you what PA, how about we compare the top three states controlled by Democrats to the top three states controlled by Republicans and compare GDP, wages, and overall economic health?
Face it, liberalism's biggest accomplishments are bankrupt entitlement programs, failing education, a massive welfare state, high taxes and massive debt. That IS you legacy

May 14th, 2018, 3:26 pm #16

70-101 wrote:One of Trump's campaign contributors must have a financial interest in this. :rollseyes:
You should stick to predicting election results. You're way better at that than understanding the news.
That which can be asserted without evidence; can be dismissed without evidence- Christopher Hitchens

May 14th, 2018, 3:27 pm #17

Opinionated wrote:Tell you what PA, how about we compare the top three states controlled by Democrats to the top three states controlled by Republicans and compare GDP, wages, and overall economic health?
So you think Illinois, NY, NJ and Cali are economically healthy? Funny stuff there...
Last edited by jake58 on May 14th, 2018, 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That which can be asserted without evidence; can be dismissed without evidence- Christopher Hitchens

May 14th, 2018, 3:37 pm #18

Opinionated wrote:
PATruth wrote:

Questions?
Xenophobia is the greatest virtue to which a people may aspire.
Heavan has strict immigration policies. Hell has open borders.
#MAGA
#wallsnotwars

May 14th, 2018, 3:49 pm #19

PATruth wrote:
Face it, liberalism's biggest accomplishments are bankrupt entitlement programs, failing education, a massive welfare state, high taxes and massive debt. That IS you legacy
I see you didn't take me up on the challenge.

I think we all know why.

May 14th, 2018, 3:50 pm #20

jake58 wrote:
So you think Illinois, NY, NJ and Cali are economically healthy? Funny stuff there...
You think Texas, Alabama, and Georgia are? :rotflmao: